needs a down
No votes
should provide an additional temporary buff
46%

Total votes: 13

Billyum

Re: Prone

Postby Billyum » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:28 am

Keep in mind that SDM, AR, and VT CSM rifleman get the biggest advantage from using prone. A buff to prone would effect these classes more than others that have lower dps.

Hitman

Postby Hitman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:42 am

Billyum wrote:Keep in mind that SDM, AR, and VT CSM rifleman get the biggest advantage from using prone. A buff to prone would effect these classes more than others that have lower dps.

No,Billy let him up it,then speak to him,lets have a good time in PMC with SDM ARs and VT CSM riflemans.
So please,be silent. :taistoi:

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:40 pm

The fact that prone increase by 10% the base damage of the weapon makes it ridiculously weak (well not ridiculous since u only lie down, but in term of mechanic it's barely useful).
To make it simple, no matter your current damage, for an assault tifle wielder, it's going to increase your damage by 4-5, which is more like 5% damage increase when you have the right stuff (or even less).
My initial request was to make those 10% apply after any other modification, so it would really be a 10% increase. Just that.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:57 pm

Yes, which is an up.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:11 pm

I just have an idea for prone. Maybe a temporary additional buff when a soldier prones. So it would privilegiate dynamic ways of using prone, not campers.

I add an option in the poll.

Hm every votes removed, but it was 5 for no change, and 6 for an up.

JaVa

Postby JaVa » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:58 pm

How do you imagine it? Something like 10sec buff with cooldown?
a.k.a. Akira

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:00 pm

Yes something like that. Can be discussed of course.

Could be each time an unit prones, 10s buff without cooldown but can't stack. Or with a cooldown indeed.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:24 pm

But... but...
Isn't the whole prone thing about setting up to be more stable to aim ? Isn't it done for campers ? Why the hell would it be limited in time ? o_O
Why would you priviliegiate dynamic use of it ? How do you imagine (gameplay wise) this dynamic use ? Like you stay up and go prone only when zombies are coming ?

And, if u stay prone more than 10s you don't have a bonus anymore ?

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:45 pm

No, UAR is not a camping game. And I don't want to privilegiate AFK people.
I think about situations when I see someone kiting a gourmand on his own to allow everybody in the area to shot him, or in survival mode in the same situation. To prone is then dangerous as you can get jumpers anytime, or an embush from behind a tree. So either you are ready to stand up or you take a high risk.
To AFK prone in Thalim or in the docks is not same at all.

It would be a little supplementary buff, nothing crazy.

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:07 am

Gameplay wise I think the temporary buff is the best way to go, I just don't see how it would be explained in terms of "realism".

Illidan92 wrote:Where do you guys get this garbage about "I assume it uses gravity..." and then proceed to write an entire paragraph about why it should do X and X. No, that is not the point. This is a video game. Stop trying to pry "realism" into a game where we shoot zombies with plasma rifles. Remember this is about balancing issues and such, and "realism" is not the primary factor in making a decision of whether or not an ability should hit air units.

Return to “Done”