needs a down
No votes
should provide an additional temporary buff
46%

Total votes: 13

Znimu

Re: Prone

Postby Znimu » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:12 am

Yes I know and it is why I propose that. Indeed RP side, it is not perfect. Could argue that the soldiers are not cumfortable so they become less efficient.
It is due to their suits, they were designed to move, run, etc. but not to sleep :gene:

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:52 am

Billyum wrote:Gameplay wise I think the temporary buff is the best way to go, I just don't see how it would be explained in terms of "realism".

I disagree. You might notice that I brought only the gameplay side. Actually it'd be better to remove the prone thing if u do that change cause that'd be ridiculous - call it Battle Focus or whatever - but that doesn't makes it unfit for so.
But every DPS-oriented class atm has a temporary buff to those situation (Focus Fire, Suppressive/Rapid Fire, PL with Concentrated Fire can even boost everyone) so I deem it's both unnecessary and giving non-DPS oriented classes a tool they don't need. On the other hand, prone gives a up in long defense situation, something atm no one have, while helping a bit to be useful for classes that have pretty much nothing to do in those situations.
So why would you make it something similar to what everyone already have and leave a hole on situations that happen every game ?

I know you want to try to make the game as dynamic as possible, and don't like players camping, but you shouldn't shut down whole possibilities for that. Camping is also a part of the game, I don't know why you want to remove the only tool for it.

(BTW you might disagree, but from my pov I don't care about the game being unrealistic, I care about the game being unlogical and not respecting it's own context that so much effort is put into setting (damn, we have a whole lore here), so when so much efforts are put into making things like CFF, ammo and jam system, vision system, jump system, work logically, I want to avoid things that doesn't make sense coming up in the middle ^^ - but u don't see me complaining about things like flame lack of friendly fire, self-fixing broken bones (I guess you could explain that with soldier suits slowly healing u right ?) or instant fog in the middle of the day (or did I do that already ? o_O))

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:02 am

Hey, this temporary bonus would be in addition to the actual prone.
So there is no point saying it would destroy something. Just an addition to improve Prone in situations when it deserves it.
Campers would remain unchanged, they could even have a new additional bonus if they stand when they don't attack then re prone as soon as they start firing.
I don't see what it could destroy here.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:55 am

Uh ? Uh ! Uuuh...
Well I didn't get that.
Well I like this idea then. Could be a buff due to adrenaline in tense situation.
When you leader scream "GET DOWN" before Bay magic operate and proceed to warm the heart and souls of every living (well, and unliving) being.

But I still think the permanent bonus need a up.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:01 pm

You should be able to vote for 2 choices now.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:03 pm

I tried to check it all but a window popped and told you "you suck, screw you" =(
Last edited by Kami no Varou on Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Sorry Varou, but insults are not tolerated, I ban you :/

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:12 pm

Are you hinting that you forbid me to insult myself ? X(

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:17 am

Of course. Else you will complain that you were insulted by yourself and that I don't care.
I am pro moderator :ange:

Kiding but it is just that some players may be young, I prefer to not promote the trash talk.
Building the future, tomorrow will be what we do today...
Hm quite classical but it sounds good, I may use that in my studio website :cote:

To come back to the topic, yes Adrenaline sounds good to explain this temporary buff, could even be the name of the buff :)
For this buff, maybe a small attack speed bonus. So there would not have the issue to boost only the base damage, but it would boost the whole attacks.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Here, should be less trash :mrgreen:

Return to “Done”