Donations, future of UAR

Polls positively voted.

What about paid skins and other things ?

If it can lead to more work on UAR, it seems great
10
71%
No opinion, I don't care
0
No votes
It will break the game (please tell why)
0
No votes
Treason ! I call the cops
1
7%
UAR is just a small free game, you are crazy
0
No votes
Just proposing that, you break my dreams =(
3
21%
 
Total votes: 14

Kami no Varou
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: Donations, future of UAR

Postby Kami no Varou » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:07 pm

I don't really care if they don't agree with it, but I wouldn't want some random dude reporting the map for X reason and then you having problems with it.

(I care about you =3)

(Nah, kidding, I'd be pissed if they banned the map :mrgreen:)

Znimu
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:25 am

Re: Donations, future of UAR

Postby Znimu » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:14 pm

Yes it could be annoying.
But the game master told that the marketing department may answer me, not sure.
I will wait some days (maybe weeks) for an answer anyways.

I think that the system I propose is totally legal. I would only receive donations. Then I would give a bonus to thank the donator. I would not sell these skins. Just a bonus like the custom colour on the forum for the donators.

Hitman
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:24 pm
Location: Shadows,Darkness

Re: Donations, future of UAR

Postby Hitman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:42 am

Znimu wrote:Yes it could be annoying.
But the game master told that the marketing department may answer me, not sure.
I will wait some days (maybe weeks) for an answer anyways.

I think that the system I propose is totally legal. I would only receive donations. Then I would give a bonus to thank the donator. I would not sell these skins. Just a bonus like the custom colour on the forum for the donators.


Treason! I call the cops!
Donations,lets talk about these.Donation does mean like a man sends his money to his fav youtuber to motivate him to do more vids.But you are talking about the skins like in agar.io,and just because everyone paying agar.io just for skins,they're not so much fans of game,they will do the same to you.Like,just for some cool stuff,not for map.
They won't even chat you like "Hey Znimu,I donated to you cuz I like your game,gime reward pls".
They would like to just pay for stuff.And you know what I mean.Its going to be CS GO with these skins,but wait UAR isn't a game,its arcade on blizzards server and made on SC II.Then why you're getting blizzard's money,Znimu?
Just because I still respect you,I suggest not to do this,because you maybe in huge trouble after that.
Yes,your forum asking players to donate,just to motivate you.Thats legal,but selling skins and such a buffs in future is not legal.It may break the game of course,and maybe jail you,because its not so legal at all.
Blizzards are recieving these donations,and money for campaign,not you.With blizzards its legal,with you - not.
There was a discussion with diablo 3 and stuff for REAL money,it was banned by laws and of course blizzards removed it after two weeks.But if you do the same,Znimu,you'll have to remove UAR from your PC and server,not just part of game.That's what is it in my opinion,was not going to scare you,just said some stuff to help.
PS.I disappear again.

Hitman
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:24 pm
Location: Shadows,Darkness

Re: Donations, future of UAR

Postby Hitman » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:47 am

Znimu wrote:Yes it could be annoying.
But the game master told that the marketing department may answer me, not sure.
I will wait some days (maybe weeks) for an answer anyways.

I think that the system I propose is totally legal. I would only receive donations. Then I would give a bonus to thank the donator. I would not sell these skins. Just a bonus like the custom colour on the forum for the donators.

Also,I would like to check another opinion like "Uar is just a small arcade,are you crazy?" But sadly,I can't check two ones.But you look like really crazy,if you atleast though about this,lol. :taré1:

Znimu
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:25 am

Re: Donations, future of UAR

Postby Znimu » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:20 am

Blizzard removed the auction house to improve the players experience. They would not have put it in place if it were not legal.
And what I propose is totally different.

Donators would have a special colour on the forum and receive a skin. I won't sell skins.
Actually I could even sell skins, it is totally legal, but it would mean that I declare this activity. So I prefer to stay with donations which are not subject to fees (fees of the donations system excepted of course).

Note that this "Treason ! I call the cops." was humorous in a large part.
If you want to call the cops, they don't care. You could call the FISC so (no, not the clan xD, it is the french fees organization), but they won't even care for such low amounts. Particularly as I would not sell anything, I would just indicate in some ways who has donated.
They could care if I was receiving donations, then giving a car or something that important to donators. It would not be just a way to indicate who donated as a car has a high value beeing a physical important good. It is here obviously a hidden trade.
But skins on a free map of SC2... do they have any value actually ?

Hitman
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:24 pm
Location: Shadows,Darkness

Re: Donations, future of UAR

Postby Hitman » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:57 pm

Znimu wrote:Blizzard removed the auction house to improve the players experience. They would not have put it in place if it were not legal.
And what I propose is totally different.

Donators would have a special colour on the forum and receive a skin. I won't sell skins.
Actually I could even sell skins, it is totally legal, but it would mean that I declare this activity. So I prefer to stay with donations which are not subject to fees (fees of the donations system excepted of course).

Note that this "Treason ! I call the cops." was humorous in a large part.
If you want to call the cops, they don't care. You could call the FISC so (no, not the clan xD, it is the french fees organization), but they won't even care for such low amounts. Particularly as I would not sell anything, I would just indicate in some ways who has donated.
They could care if I was receiving donations, then giving a car or something that important to donators. It would not be just a way to indicate who donated as a car has a high value beeing a physical important good. It is here obviously a hidden trade.
But skins on a free map of SC2... do they have any value actually ?


Actually,they have... :pascontent2:
And yes,you should reward these who donated in the past,not in future.I suggest to give them something like a color on forum or in game,as you said.Because camo in UAR actually even more than such a reward.You know these guys labeled "Achievers"?These are about to find a new game and get everything in it,without spending money on.



So,they are leaving their clans to get in iSAR for camo and doing their best to get all stuff in your arcade.But,they're looking at a camo which one is still not aviable to use.And they are just going to pay this camo for money,to achieve this,not to donate to you. :-/
Please,Znimu,do not make your arcade worse.Achievers are like 15% of your community,and they are about to get all in your game.(all medals,camos,999999 exp).
PS. I understood about "FISC" don't need to explain in "()"
PSS. Treason!I call the FISC (clan),guys please motivate Znimu not to do shit with his game,really.I gave up on this.
PSSS.KS (kerrigan Survival Creator already fucked up his arcade.It was extremely popular and great untill now,he fucked up all,so sad if there's will be the same with the UAR. :nono:

Kami no Varou
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: Donations, future of UAR

Postby Kami no Varou » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:25 am

Those poor achievers will have a hard time, some camos/decal still in the game are locked to pretty much everyone - the ZES camo was a camo for the ZES clan (NA if I'm not mistaken) in the days of old UA3. Not to mention those that are described by "unknown".

I overall disagree with hitman (and a lot with his wording) but he's right on one thing : showing off camos with minimal donation prices look alike selling them. You gave the iSAR camo once you were done with it without announcing it to anyone.

BTW, do you even have a way to check who donated what except by claims ? Right now I think not as you said previously that donators were free to stay anonymous.

Hitman
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:24 pm
Location: Shadows,Darkness

Re: Donations, future of UAR

Postby Hitman » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:18 am

Kami no Varou wrote:Those poor achievers will have a hard time, some camos/decal still in the game are locked to pretty much everyone - the ZES camo was a camo for the ZES clan (NA if I'm not mistaken) in the days of old UA3. Not to mention those that are described by "unknown".

I overall disagree with hitman (and a lot with his wording) but he's right on one thing : showing off camos with minimal donation prices look alike selling them. You gave the iSAR camo once you were done with it without announcing it to anyone.

BTW, do you even have a way to check who donated what except by claims ? Right now I think not as you said previously that donators were free to stay anonymous.


I disagree with you(and a lot with your wording),they cant get these camos simply cuz they're not in game yet.So its not so hard time for achievers.
Also,I do remember these cool UA3 days :cote:
But you're right on one thing: showing off camos with minimal donation prices look alike selling them.

Kami no Varou
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:22 pm

Re: Donations, future of UAR

Postby Kami no Varou » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:47 am

I'd rather say they're not in the game anymore. So they will likely never get them - well since UAR doesn't use the same bank than UA3, even if the map is brought to NA no one will ever get them actually. So unless Znimu decide to reuse them for something else - which I would find petty - yeah, they're in the game but impossible to get.

Znimu
Posts: 1190
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:25 am

Re: Donations, future of UAR

Postby Znimu » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:51 pm

Because of fees and of my personal status, if I don't receive donations, but payments instead, I would receive almost nothing. Would people prefer to give money to the french government or to me ?
I have checked Entropy TD, and it gives a new skin for the builder following some amounts steps.
I know that I started this topic suggesting paid skins, but more accurately for legal reasons I propose to indicate in game who has donated.

I don't know anything about Kerrigan's survival, but according to the ratings of this map, it seems to be a balance issue, so nothing same.

I am not sure to be stubborn here. I only present you a way to lead more people to support me. It already bored me to start a topic about that. And now I face your disapprovals... I would really prefer to not propose that.

Anyways it is why I release a poll. I want to face this question, instead of avoiding it and wasting so much time. Annoying but necessary point to decide.

And if you have better ideas, I am interested as usual.


Return to “Done”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest