M.O.S Suggestion "RCT Operator" aka Bastion

Post here your ideas or full suggestions of MOS
Nazrudin

M.O.S Suggestion "RCT Operator" aka Bastion

Postby Nazrudin » Fri May 05, 2017 1:23 pm

Hello

I have a suggestion for a new operator called "RCT Operator" (Remote Controlled Turret Operator). The main purpose for this operator is to provide your team with direct fire support, like a bastion if you will.

Before I start with the 4 abilities I want to mention that any feedback for this will be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this and some have been around longer and will know what is more acceptable or less acceptable in terms of balance. And there will be lots of grammar issues :hehe:

Without further ado, here is my idea;

RCT Operator (Remote Controlled Turret Operator)
ABILITY 1
Soldier Skills
Soldier skills are basic, general knowledge and proficiency at your profession. They range from simple physical fitness and weapons proficiency to battle drills and warrior tasks.

Each point increases fitness, dexterity, and mechanical skills by 2, reduces reload and unjam time by 15%, and unlocks specific abilities.

Level 1: Unlocks Perform Self-Aid
Level 2: Unlocks MOS-specific ability
Level 3: Unlocks +.1 MS and improves Prone
Level 4: Unlocks Rifle Butt

The following abilities are descriptions based on Soldier Skills

Perform Self-Aid (F)
Cost: 55
Cooldown: 30
Requirements:
    - Soldier Skills 1
Heals 35 hp over 10 seconds, and heals minor lacerations.

Marksmanship
Requirements:
    - Soldier Skills 2
Marksmanship is your ability to accurately fire, reactively fire, and focus under stress

Increases range by 2, dexterity by 8, and has a 12.5% chance (8 sided dice) to deal double damage.

Prone
With Soldier Skills 3: Increases damage by 13%, attack speed by 8%, and range by 1.

Rifle Butt
Requirements:
    - Soldier Skills 4
Or
    - SI Barbaric
Pushes back and damages light units in melee range.

ABILITY 2
RCT Operator Skills
Improves the RCT Operators skills and equippment.

Each point improves deploy time and dismantle time time by 5 seconds when using Firestorm Mk.I-V

Level 1: Unlocks Repair and Dismantle
Level 2: Unlocks SOF-LAM and Fire Control System Mk.I
Level 3: Unlocks Fire Control System Mk.II
Level 4: Unlocks Fire Control System Mk.III

The following abilities are descriptions based on RCT Operator Skills

Repair (G)
Requirements:
    - RCT Operator Skills 1
Repairs Firestorm Mk.I-V
Repairs 15 life per 3 energy.
Right-click to deactivate autocasting.

Dismantle
Cost: 35
Cooldown: 60
Requirements:
    - RCT Operator Skills 1
Dismantles Firestorm Mk.I-V and refunds cooldown on Firestorm Mk.I-V
Dismantling takes 30 seconds

SOF-LAM
Cost: 50
Cooldown: 120
Range 30
Requirements:
    - RCT Operator Skills 2
SOF-LAM (Special Operations Forces Laser Acquisition Marker) is a lightweight integrated laser designator and rangefinder that providesthe capability to locate and designate critcal enemy targets for destruction using laser-guided ordnance. The SOF-LAM will put highly accurate, precision-guided munitions exactly on the target. The SOF-LAM is also capable of remote firing
Click to place the SOF-LAM onto the ground. The SOF-LAM will then designate the targets you choose,
SOF-LAM reveals the target unit and significally enhance the range on Firestorm Mk.I-V untill cancelled or the enemy has been eliminated.
Firestorm Mk.I-V will only attack the target you designate.
The "Designate Target" ability for the SOF-LAM have a cooldown on 15 seconds between use. You can only have 1 target designated.

Fire Control System Mk.I
Cost: 35
Cooldown: 30
Burst Fire Duration: 15 seconds.
Requirements:
    - RCT Operator Skills 2
Fire Control System Mk.I is designed to assist a weapon system in hitting its target. It performs the same task as a human gunner firing a weapon, but attempts to do so faster and more accurately.
Activating Fire Control System Mk.I will put Firestorm Mk.I-V in Burst Fire mode for 15 seconds and increase it's attack speed by 30% for the whole duration.

Fire Control System Mk.II
Cost: 45
Cooldown: 40
Burst Fire Duration: 15 seconds
Fully Automatic Duration 5 seconds.
Requirements:
    - RCT Operator Skills 3
    - Firestorm Mk.II
Fire Control System Mk.II is designed to assist a weapon system in hitting its target. It performs the same task as a human gunner firing a weapon, but attempts to do so faster and more accurately.
Activating Fire Control System Mk.II will put Firestorm Mk.II-V in Burst Fire mode for 15 seconds. After those 15 seconds Firestorm Mk.II will switch over to Fully Automatic for 5 seconds. Attack speed is also increased by 60% for both burst and auto.

Fire Control System Mk.III
Cost: 55
Cooldown: 50
Fully Automatic Duration 20 seconds.
Requirements:
    - RCT Operator Skills 4
    - Firestorm Mk.V
Fire Control System Mk.III is designed to assist a weapon system in hitting its target. It performs the same task as a human gunner firing a weapon, but attempts to do so faster and more accurately.
Activating Fire Control System Mk.III will put Firestorm Mk.V in Fully Automatic mode for 20 seconds. Attack speed is also increased by 90% for the whole duration.

Note: Fire Control Mk.I, Mk.II and Mk.III are all indepentant of each other and can be activated in succession but not at the same time.

Portal Head-Up Display
Requirements:
    - Firestorm Mk.III
You can view your Firestorm Mk.I-V settings from your UI so you can view your Firestorms Mk.I-V settings on the move.

ABILITY 3
Advanced Munitions

Each rank in Advanced Munitions unlocks a certain ammunition type. At level 4 you combine them all into one.

Level 1: Unlocks Incendiary ammunition
Level 2: Unlocks HEI ammunition
Level 3: Unlocks HVAP ammunition
Level 4: Unlocks HEIAP ammunition

The following abilities are descriptions based on Advanced Munitions Skill

Incendiary Ammunition
Toggle On/Off
Incendiary ammunition is loaded into Firestorm Mk.I-V.
Incendiary rounds will cause fire and rapidly burn targets.
Only one ammunition type may be active at any given time.

HEI Ammunition
Toggle On/Off
Requirements:
    - Firestorm MK.II
HEI (High-explosive incendiary) ammunition is loaded into Firestorm Mk.II-V.
High-explosive incendiary rounds will detonate on impact and set enemies on fire in a small area.

HVAP Ammunition
Toggle On/Off
Requirements:
    - Firestorm MK.II

HVAP (High-velocity armor-piercing) ammunition is loaded into Firestorm Mk.II-V.
High-velocity armor-piercing rounds has a core of a high-density hard material, surrounded by a full-bore shell of a lighter material. The lighter weight allows a higher velocity. The kinetic energy of the shot is concentrated in the core and hence on a small impact area, improving the penetration of the target armor.

HEIAP
Toggle On/Off
Requirements:
    - Firestorm MK.V
HEIAP (High-explosive incendiary armor-piercing ammunition is loaded into Firestorm Mk.V
High-explosive incendiary armor-piercing combines armor-piercing capability and a high-explosive effect. The primary purpose of these munitions is armor penetration. HEIAP munitions use high explosives to "blast a path" for the penetrator. The special effect is developed when the round strikes the target. The initial collision ignites the incendiary material in the tip, triggering the detonation of the HE charge. The second incendiary charge will also ignite and burn targets at a very high temperature and is not easily extinguished.
HEIAP combines HEI and HVAP.

ABILITY 4
Firestorm Upgrades.

Each rank in Firestorm Upgrades gives the Firestorm access to better technology.

Note: You start with Firestorm Mk.I
Level 1: Unlocks Firestorm Mk.II - Targeting Computer
Level 2: Unlocks Firestorm Mk.III - Anti-Air Targeting Computer and Advanced Circuitry
Level 3: Unlocks Firestorm Mk.IV - Dual Ammunition Feed System and Flood Lights
Level 4: Unlocks Firestorm Mk.V - Advanced Targeting Computer

The following abilities are descriptions based on Firestorm Upgrades Skill

Firestorm Mk.I
Mk.I is the standard version of Firestorm.
Current Upgrades:
    - None

Firestorm Mk.II
Firestorm Mk.II is an improved version from Firestorm Mk.I
Current upgrades:
    - Targeting Computer
Targeting Computer gives you access to Fire Control System Mk.II which offers you burst fire mode coupled with fully automatic mode for a limited time.

Firestorm Mk.III
Firestorm Mk.III is an improved version from Firestorm Mk.II
Current upgrades:
    - Targeting Computer
    - Anti-Air Targeting Computer
    - Advanced Circuitry
With Anti-Air Targeting Computer the Firestorm Mk.III will be able to attack incoming air targets with ease.

Advanced Circuitry is one of the prerequisites to enabling Portal Head-Up Display on your UI so you can view your Firestorms Mk.I-V settings on the move.

Firestorm Mk.IV
Firestorm Mk.IV is an improved version from Firestorm Mk.III
Current upgrades:
    - Targeting Computer
    - Advanced Circuitry
    - Dual Ammunition Feed System and Flood Lights
Dual Ammunition Feed System will improve the maximum amount of ammunition that can be stored in Firestorm Mk.IV-V, this will result in a prolonged state of fire without the need to reload.

Flood Lights will help you detect incoming enemies by giving you a better visual confirmation, against both visual and cloaked targets.

Firestorm Mk.V
Firestorm Mk.V is an improved version from Firestorm Mk.IV
Current upgrades:
    - Targeting Computer
    - Advanced Circuitry
    - Dual Ammunition Feed System and Flood Lights
    - Advanced Targeting Computer
Advanced Targeting Computer is cutting-edge technology when it comes to technological warfare. Advanced Targeting Computer will give you access to Fire Control System Mk.III which offers you a fully automatic Firestorm Mk.V for 20 seconds

Thanks for your time and please let me know what you think. Any feedback is greatly appreciated

Return to “MOS suggestions”