MOS Assault Engineer

Post here your ideas or full suggestions of MOS
Znimu

MOS Assault Engineer

Postby Znimu » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:38 pm

Terrain 028.jpg
Terrain 028.jpg (168.29 KiB) Viewed 1635 times

The Assault Engineer is close to the combat engineer. However he is able to pilot a mecha Predator. He can either pilot the mecha or leave it to do the usual engineering stuff. Only he is able to pilot this mecha.

ASSAULT ENGINEER :

Soldier Skills (as usual).

Cluster Rockets (as usual).

Mecha Skills (upgrades the mecha).
- 1 : Laser Guns for a short duration.
- 2 : Improved Laser Guns + Strike Walk (like Psi Strike walk of Kerrigan).
- 3 : Improved Laser Guns + Laser drone.
- 4 : Improved Laser Guns + Maybe Barrage shots (channeled attacks in an area, damaging every units in the area)

Engineering Skills :
The basic foundation for every Assault Engineer. Each level improves mechanical skills by 1.
Level 1 : Repair, disarm and reconstruct
Level 2 : Armor upgrade - gives an armor bonus to an ally for a certain duration.
Level 3 : Battery - gives an energy max bonus to an ally for a certain duration.
Level 4 : Maybe craft (can improve the scope, magnetic stabilizer and recoil suppressor).

MECHA PREDATOR :
Light mecha equipped with powerfull abilities.
Faster than the heavy mecha FP500, the Predator is less armored and allows the engineer to leave the mecha just before it explodes if severely damaged.
His available abilities are defined by the level of Mecha Skills of the Assault Engineer.

If destroyed, the engineer will have to use the reconstruct ability. He can't call an other one.
The Assault engineer is able to move the mecha while he is outside, but the Predator can't attack and use any ability if he is not piloted.

Note : if I was inspired by any other suggestion, thank you for the ideas and please tell me. I just wish to have fun building a new MOS, adding an other possibility to get in games the reconstruct ability for the mechanical MOS.

Wolf

Re: MOS Assault Engineer

Postby Wolf » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:13 pm

Cool! Maybe you add a "jump" ability to mech, so we can fast travel to combat or away of it?
Once born, still burn!

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Yes it seems a good idea, I have not decided yet.

Lazarus

Postby Lazarus » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:38 am

Interesting hybrid concept.
It would be fun if Pilot got ejected from Mech if it gets destroyed. Something like forced lift boots, always in direction in whitch Mech was facing. Second life with broken leg and arm :)
Also consider making it harder so that Mech isn't operetional if Pilot leaves.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:46 am

Hey, good idea for the lift boots effect.
For the move ability when not piloted, I am not sure indeed.

sXe

Postby sXe » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:33 am

Instead of Soldier skills, would be better to add something like Piloting skills with further benefits to Predator.

And I believe that adding another Cluster rockets MOS makes this skill banal. So how about something like call minefield drop? 5-7-10-15 mines which will hold hostiles during Engi rebuild action / cover dangerous flanking position, etc.

Return to “MOS suggestions”