SFAAT possible update

Post here your ideas about a MOS rework.
DragonS

SFAAT possible update

Postby DragonS » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:02 pm

rework of Training and Leadership skills
something like this.jpg
(136.75 KiB) Not downloaded yet

How it works:
- player using Add LN ability
- then using Call Group skill
- after some time group of LN that you added before will arrive to one of Two Closest to your hero TCP on map

=> no more neutral LN's, dont need to train LN's from neutral-untrained

- LN die - you get his LN type as charge in ability, same with dismiss
- you cant add more LN's in group call if group already going in sector, before they arrived
- you cant get 3-4 AR/Jav/CE/SDM - LN types not shared
- Group Call ability not global, so 2 groups can be called in same time by 2 sfaats(their own groups)
- you cant remove LN from call after you added him - need to wait for arrive and then dismiss/kill
- dismissed LN's become neutral, run some where and remove from game after some time
- no more problems with noob SFAAT's that always moving neutral LN's and steal your LN types

Leadership skills menu
5 buttons in first rov in submeny to add 5 types of LNs in next Group call use

Training: +1 charge to LN Rifleman, improve LN's stats and ulock their abilities; +1 point to max trained LN's

Leadership: unlocks AR/Jav/CE/SDM (LvL 1-2 +1 AR/Jav; LvL 3-4 +1 CE/SDM), descrease cd for Call Group ability

LNShow - just some text to see what types and how many of them will arrive in next call, training points used and does supply added or not (true/false in english sc2 word) in next call

Suggestions:
new si: Ship Call (Sc), req one of rank types from EN/WO/CO (190k/120k/100k exp) and some thing (like win NM as Sfaat, 0 LN's death, much kills, valor minimum survived civs, game win[love - c4, fort - c3]);
unlocks 2 ability:

- Call Ship to hero/etc position with LN's that was added before
- Add supply ability, to add some random items in ship, number depends on leadership lvl + constant(right now its 2), +1 item for EN/WO/CO rank
-ship will land LN's in hero position and some random items from lists, if you added them before

>> [url]i suggest to remove dismiss block buff from LN's after they use ability, cuz with new system SFAAT cant fast get new LN, and no more untrained meat shields[/url]

Balance:
cost of add LN ~120, training to descrease cost by 5 or 10 per lvl (so 115/110 -> 100/80)
group call cost 100+, -5/10 per leadership skill; cd about 360 sec and ~20 sec descrease per skill lvl
ship call 2-3 times more than group call, global cd
supply call 600+sec cd, cost 100-150, cand call ship with supply only
items list from: ammo case/magazine; medkit/quick clot; road flare/flare gun; frag grenade/smoke grenade; +1 item based on Rank type that player choosed at start (en/wo/co);
- veeeery unlucky player can get 3-6 magazines as well..

p.s. ill fix mistakes/icorrect info later,.. may be..
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

HopeBringer

Re: SFAAT possible update

Postby HopeBringer » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:33 pm

Euhm i didn't understand much.

Oh well. I can still test it out on solo to see how it works.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Sounds nice.
I don't like it.

No, for real, this proposition loose something : those are Local Nationals. The SFAAT is supposed to be an instructor. Calling in reinforcement from who-knows-where just doesn't fit him.

So yeah, for real, this suggestion is nice, well thought, interesting.
But I don't like it 'cause to me it simply doesn't fit the SFAAT role. That's like a kind of Squad Leader (you know, the PMC ones, in charge of a 4-men squad usually).
I think SFAAT need a rework of his current system, not a different system.

... Now, SFAAT is also the role I never played so I guess on this one my opinion has less weight...

EDIT : Now, maybe the idea of having a Squad Leader (or whatever we could call it) new MoS replacing the SFAAT so we can set this system is an option. Still sounds weird to have someone in a platoon calling lesser soldiers for some reason that he can personnaly lead. So, I actually prefer keeping the SFAAT role, which makes sense in a crisis situation I guess.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:41 pm

The unrecruited are annoying actually. It leads SFAATs to sleep in Thalim, only waiting to recruit.
I said long ago that they may disappear, then it became sure. To remove the unrecruited may even allow to play Sfaat in survival modes.

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:00 pm

Kami no Varou : "those are Local Nationals. The SFAAT is supposed to be an instructor."
if we follow your logic, sfaat shouldget LN's from civilians.

but if you look from the other side, then consider that he is calling LN's from training camp near the sector, which previously taught

"EDIT : Now ..." - i'll ignore this cuz: see up&PL hero(that need some rework actually)

with this system it should be more terrible to lose LN's, if cd for skills wouldnt be short-avarage

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:28 pm

It will require a balance for sure.

HopeBringer

Postby HopeBringer » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:44 am

How about the ship call for the LN use this ship? So we see it's not a phantom and is just a normal dropship. Not a huge deployment.
Attachments
Dropship_SC2_DevGame2.jpg
Dropship_SC2_DevGame2.jpg (29.92 KiB) Viewed 2123 times

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:54 am

I am not sure yet about this ability with a ship for the SFAAT. LNs are not supposed to have ships.
Maybe with a special SFAAT SI. Or with a ground vehicule instead.

Zed

Postby Zed » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:25 am

Try copying old sfaat before rally points or pl from uac (which has a Train button, but can't rally LNs to specific point and instead searches for team across the map (ppl usually ping good ln's)?

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:34 am

"How about the ship call for the LN use this ship?" - in test map i used just simple ship as "dammy", and y - it cant be phantom, cuz LN's dont have those heavy ships; but they have mk1, jav rockets, etc so can use simple ships
[wol mission 1, but i used medvac cuz found it faster than this spec ops ship]

saber 7 got ships; why they cant send 1 simple ship to bring LN's from their camp to AO

and y - ship call - its a special SFAAT si. (as i writed in first post >_>)

"pl from uac" - i dont like PL in uac - cuz its need lvl 12 for 4 LN's, need to travel on map to get LN's, LN's die fast or you can die while trying to get LN (on insane+ difficult), and still need crits with SS to do some damage...
removing rally wont actually help, cuz old map versions didnt had it and LN's become just meat in spawn points, +sfaat will need to move much to get his LN's
and etc-etc-etc..

reason that LN's already trained by SFAAT's before some where near current AO, other wise those LN's would be on map as police.
other wise SFAAT must train LN's from civillians on map

P.S. EU server dont have enouth expirienced players yet that can travel on map at any difficult without giving extra exp to medics

Return to “MOS rework”