Infested Silos chapter 3

Please report here any bug you find.
Znimu

Infested Silos chapter 3

Postby Znimu » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:31 am

Well I had no reactions following my answer about the silos.
Currently, if one silo explodes, the game is over with victory. And I make every remaining silos explode without waiting cause I suppose that nobody can survive a nuclear explosion.
It has consequences on the XP won, because before I changed that (reworking it to better explain what to do and how it works), it was possible to disable silos even if one had exploded.

An other reason for this instant game over (with victory even if a silo explodes) was that it seemed easier to do for me while improving the system. But now, I know that my update is working well (after several fixes), so I could eventually rework it if you think it should.

As you wish, I can rework it to allow remaining silos to be disable, or improve the explosions of remaining silos when one explodes (for the show, center the cameras, bigger the size of the explosions, maybe kill every units, something like that).

DragonS

Re: Infested Silos chapter 3

Postby DragonS » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:16 pm

bah, where in game writed that its nuclear silos?
its just toxin, that rises into the atmosphere and infects all, but not immidiatly

about 1explode - all other explode.. it can have a reason(chain reaction)
+less exp gain..

but its shouldnt give immidiatle win - mb team must enter in evac zone that placed far away from silos or something like bunker place on map
y, if not immidiatly end game after first silo - need mb bigger explode and permanent toxic area around it, that deal dmg&debuff to players and mb increase(mutation?) zombies
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:21 am

I like Dragon's idea, How about when the first silo explodes a message from Ravensword pops up telling you "The situation is out of control, We are sending evac to extract your squad". "ETA 5 minutes".

You would then have to survive for 5 minutes with a bunch of T1s spawning in and at least one person would need to make it to the phantom when it lands to get the victory.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:35 am

Yes these are good ideas :)

Actually the victory is given I think because you did it : you survived. Even if the quest is quite failed.
And yes Dragon is right, these are infected silos, not nuclear silos, but the explosion have the visual of nuclear explosion. My mistake.

I will check if I can add some toxins area in some ways (not sure ho I can do this). Add T1 units is a good idea. And it is possible to rise the level of infection manually, I need to check how it works though. So the end would happen if every silos are disabled in time, or if the team evacuates (victory but less XP) ?

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:17 am

I changed my mind about the "at least one person has to make it to the phantom to get victory", Surviving for 5 minutes [plus the 1 minute 30 secs for the phantom?] after the first silo should be enough. There's two ways I could see the T1 spawns working.

1. If silos do chain explode: spawn in T1s every 30 secs [e.g. first spawn 3 gourmands, second spawn 6 hunters, ect]. This would change based on difficulty level of course.

2. If silos do not chain explode: for each silo that explodes it has its own spawns connected to it [first silo to explode always spawns 3 gourmands and 1 gargantuan, second silo to explode spawns 6 hunters and 3 spitters, ect]. Also based on difficulty.

I like the second option more because it would allow you to lessen the spawns if you can disable some of the silos.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am

I prefer the second too. More work to do it though, but I really think it is more interesting.

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:21 am

So the new boss has 7 range, 130+ damage with 1.2 attack speed, 25k+ health, Moves much faster than Cacu, And if just one silo explodes you have to fight 4 of them...

So the only thing keeping you from a swift and merciless death is the fact that they're bugged and aren't able to attack you.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:07 am

They move faster but they have to accelerate.
I may have upped them too much, but after having seen a game where nobody was hit even once by a Lelantos...

But well if you have ideas of changes after having seen them in action with these attributes, I am interested :)
Any ideas why they are bugged ?

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:42 am

I've seen them attack Bradleys and explosive charges, It's probably something in attack filter e.g. "Only attacks mechanical units and structures".

Znimu wrote:But well if you have ideas of changes after having seen them in action with these attributes, I am interested

From what I have seen from back when I played UAC, Pretty much any zombie that has a "Auto hit" ranged attack is really unbalanced. At least the Horror's, Spitter's, and Morbus's attack can be dodged, Apiaries on the other hand will more than likely give you at least 1 aliment if you're forced to run by them. A pack of Lelantos would likely fly over a cliff or trees and snipe a player before they even knew what was happening.

I would suggest changing the attack into something dodge-able first off, And then drop the requirement to kill them. Instead you would have to survive for a limited amount of time until a Phantom can pick you up.

HopeBringer

Postby HopeBringer » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:47 am

For the "toxin area" at the silo explosion site. You could use a defiler dark swarm for it?

Return to “Bug reports”