Armor being an armor

New ideas or improvements to share.
HopeBringer

Armor being an armor

Postby HopeBringer » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi everyone!

i tought about making the armor being an armor (as the title said. Yes) . To do so:

1.the shield must be able to regen even in combat.
2. The shield regen must be high (almost instant regen)

I know this will make little damage do almost no dalage but the point is. It actually reduce the damage dealt to you. Not just soak up some damage. It is likely a damage reducer.

Since what i said is not clear at all. I'll try to find something to record so i send a video about the damage reducers in action

Znimu

Re: Armor being an armor

Postby Znimu » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:35 am

Hm it seems that you are re invented the stupid skill I had done for the Prototype, the deflector shield. Well it could to not be stupid if units had no armor. But they can have armor, which reduces the amount of damage received.
So to think about a protoss shield which regenerate really fast to block a fixed mount of damage is stupid.
I can just put an armor amount. Blizzard calls that the life armor. There is too the shield armor (the protoss shield can add a bonus armor for the amount of shield available), but it is not what you are looking for here.

Sorry if I am a bit abrupt, something was destroyed in me, hm maybe everything was destroyed.

HopeBringer

Postby HopeBringer » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Still didn't try the prototype tho ^^ and yes i know about the life armor and shields armor (pretty huge upgrade in a terran bio build with a million marines)

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:08 pm

The deflector shield has been removed anyways. As it was a bad idea.

GoLKsan

Postby GoLKsan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:46 pm

I recently registered, so I'll do a lot of necromancy, cheers!

I agree, that offered solution is waaay too much.
However, we could really give an armor a high-tech feel if it had small base-line shield,
similar to one given by Whizkid SI.
Say, all classes get 10-30 basic shield (tanky ones may get a bit more) that regenerates in normal, slow fashion just like one given from armor, but without life armor boost.
It represents high-tech suits being able to withstand a random 1-2 strikes for superhuman zombie strength and repair itself after some time. Because, so far, all those cutting-edge armours feel like cardboard suits from comic-con.

kisonator

Postby kisonator » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:13 pm

I think that it is quite enough just that any armor would give 100% protection from 1 any blow, excluding explosions, but different armor would add a different indicator of armor, that is, we have 3 basic types of armor: light, ordinary and heavy. light adds run speed, but only consumes 10% damage on HP, an average of 30%, a heavy 50%, but slows down the run.
The only thing I do not like is that - the light armor and the medic shield - fall too late and too rarely, usually in chapter 3. it seems to me that they are more necessary in Chapter 2 + the small chance of dropping in Chapter 1.

Return to “Suggestions”