A small suggestion for painkiller

New ideas or improvements to share.
Merak65

A small suggestion for painkiller

Postby Merak65 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:44 pm

It's me again, and yes, I talk too much...

I noticed that the ability '' painkiller '' for the medic doesn't generate any kind of coloured smoke compared to the other boosts, this leads the ''pain-killed'' target often not even noticing he has the buff, and he will often waste the opportunity to tank the damage that painkiller allows him to.

To solve this, I would simply add a green-smoke effect on the painkiller patient, so that he can better notice that he's buffed without needing the medic to shout in chat '' you are painkilled, go get that PMC sniper ! ''

Just a tiny suggestion, keep up the good work lad !

Znimu

Re: A small suggestion for painkiller

Postby Znimu » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:01 pm

Why not.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:40 pm

Should be done with a green visual (like the blue adrenaline, but green), not tested though.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Yep it works fine, maybe a little too bright.

Merak65

Postby Merak65 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Well, thanks for hearing the suggestion and implementing the thing so fast, good work lad! You need anything ( suggestions, playtesting, is playtesting even a thing ? ) just let me know.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:33 pm

Well I wonder if my change of the light is better than before or not ? I had no time to test immediatly and now I can't say if better or worse. The issue is that with flares it becomes overlighted. I changed a parameter, but can't say the result :mrgreen:

Maybe you know, or someone else.

Merak65

Postby Merak65 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:41 am

Will investigate and edit in the results !

EDIT: I couldn't find any problems with the green smoke and the flares on dark surfaces, hower on the snow ( majority of the map ) and on the grass I was bearly able to notice it.
The smoke was difficult to spot both out and in a smoke grenade field when a flare was near.

I would recommend making the color slightly darker, to make it get less bright when lighted by a flare and more visible on the snow.
Good luck lad !

Return to “Suggestions”