Incoming update

General announcements about UAR.
Znimu

Incoming update

Postby Znimu » Mon May 16, 2016 4:02 pm

Hello, the live version is 1.276, I am working on the 2.0 since several weeks.
The 2.0 will contains a new UI, Thalim reworked (with many paths reworked on the whole map), a new camo by Joed, and probably the new jump by Anubis.
I still need to work on the UI for one or 2 weeks.

Views of new Thalim (if you have ideas of improvements or changes, it is a good time right now / my rework consists in revalorising Thalim - particularly inside - as it is a key place, with more space allowing better survivability) :
Thalim.jpg
(585.1 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Thalim2.jpg
(662.65 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Znimu

Re: Incoming update

Postby Znimu » Tue May 17, 2016 1:18 am

Current progress of the UI (still some tweaks needed + inventory, life bar, some buttons to move) :
UI.jpg
(433.9 KiB) Not downloaded yet

This one is old, the buttons on the right of the minimap are out of date, only to show the unit status :
UI2.jpg
UI2.jpg (132.29 KiB) Viewed 1123 times

anubis

Postby anubis » Tue May 17, 2016 11:58 pm

Thanks, Znimu. Looks great.

The latest SC2 patch allows Legacy of the Void-style abilities (at the top of the screen) to be bound to hotkeys by the way. Might consider using them as well for the UI.

Edit: Is it possible to list more than 6 status effects in the new UI? Sometimes you cannot see what kind of ailment you have, or if you have burst-fire turned on, if you are affected by too many status effects.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed May 18, 2016 5:27 am

anubis wrote:Thanks, Znimu. Looks great.

And thanks too to every people who said me it looks great.
2.0 will include too many terrain textures reworked, some terrain height reworked, roads fully reworked (enlarged). :frime:

anubis wrote:The latest SC2 patch allows Legacy of the Void-style abilities (at the top of the screen) to be bound to hotkeys by the way. Might consider using them as well for the UI.

Interesting, do you say it for some UI buttons (as HUD, squad info, or something) or for the FSS as we have spoken about ?

anubis wrote:Edit: Is it possible to list more than 6 status effects in the new UI? Sometimes you cannot see what kind of ailment you have, or if you have burst-fire turned on, if you are affected by too many status effects.

In this new UI, 7 behaviors can be displayed in this height. I have not fully decided right now, but maybe the items equipped (AA, scopes, etc.) will not be behaviors any more, but would appear in new inventory slots, so it would allow to unequip them and free an effect slot too.
I still have to think about this and globally about the inventory : I may add new inventory slots for AA, special bullets, and scopes/magnetic stab/recoil suppr, so 3 new slots (one specific slot for each where you can put respectively only these presaid items). What do you think about this ?

anubis

Postby anubis » Wed May 18, 2016 7:31 am

The buttons can be for FSS skills, or for common Z-menu abilities like Jump, Reload and Immediate/Remedial Action. The last one can be especially useful to newbies if there can be some sort of glow for the button when the gun is jammed. Just an idea though, it is possible to use that area for better stuff.

About the new inventory: Sounds good, but it would also need a way to quickly check fellow soldiers' items. Right now you can see who equips what by checking their status effects.

By the way, are you planning to change the button colors on the right hand side as well? The interface generally has a theme of faded green-black (along with the map), therefore that blue looks a bit too "alive" and techy. Maybe playing with saturation will help if the button colors will stay the same.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed May 18, 2016 8:12 am

anubis wrote:The buttons can be for FSS skills, or for common Z-menu abilities like Jump, Reload and Immediate/Remedial Action. The last one can be especially useful to newbies if there can be some sort of glow for the button when the gun is jammed. Just an idea though, it is possible to use that area for better stuff.

It will depends on how many buttons can be set here.
For jam, I was thinking to add a visual notification, maybe near the bullets remaining in the clip.

anubis wrote:About the new inventory: Sounds good, but it would also need a way to quickly check fellow soldiers' items. Right now you can see who equips what by checking their status effects.

Hmm yes, I may let the behavior appear even for these items. Maybe 7 behaviors which can be displayed will be enough.

anubis wrote:By the way, are you planning to change the button colors on the right hand side as well? The interface generally has a theme of faded green-black (along with the map), therefore that blue looks a bit too "alive" and techy. Maybe playing with saturation will help if the button colors will stay the same.

Change the color of the buttons in the command pannel ?
I tried to change the buttons in the menu bar without any success, with LotV I can't find where to assign custom buttons :perv:
But which buttons are you speaking about ?
Joed already suggested me to change the blue of the hexa area (status pannel) to set it green. I don't know, I love blue :coeur:

anubis

Postby anubis » Wed May 18, 2016 8:21 am

I am not sure about 7: 2 SI buffs (e.g. IS & BL), AP rounds, aim assistant, scope, a gun is already 6. Adding burst fire/agility makes it 7. :P

For the button colors, I was talking about the ones for "Move", "Attack", etc.

I'm afraid I agree with JoeD on the color: Replacing blue with dark green feels better to me. The blue color is nice on its own, but the interface loses its consistency with some being blue and some being green, with no transition.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed May 18, 2016 8:48 am

I may put everything green then, it may be to much work to put everything blue, and as I did not find the menu buttons...

But I love blue, why blue doesn't love me :(
I have studied this blue hexa colors with love and patience. To bad I have to change it.
I could use the protoss UI so everything goes blue, but I don't like the protoss blue. Not my kind of blue :/

Yes 7 behaviors may be not enough, can even add the self-heal, so...
I have not studied it, but maybe there is a possibility to display the inventory of an allied unit. I hope so. It would solve this.

anubis

Postby anubis » Wed May 18, 2016 9:41 am

All in the name of perfection, friend.

Is there a way to display two columns of behaviors? Then once can be reserved for ailments/temporary buffs.

Or maybe there could be some sort of priority for the behavior display, if it is not first-come-first-served? Ailments can go top for instance.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed May 18, 2016 1:11 pm

Yes perfection, but in my mind the green used by Blizzard is related to old computers, with only basic green text. So it is very retro. It is why I wanted to put some accurately chosen blue to enhance the tech feeling.

I did not even find how to move a little up this behaviors column, with LotV extension the UI is a big mess. And I don't know if it is possible to get 2 columns. Usually SC2 units have only one or 2 behaviors so I think that Blizzard doesn't allow that.
But it seems that it is possible to view the inventory of allied units, that it is only a parameter, not totally sure yet. It would free AA, scopes, etc. : the passive items behaviors.

Return to “Announcements”