Incoming update

General announcements about UAR.
Znimu

Re: Incoming update

Postby Znimu » Sun May 22, 2016 2:46 pm

Of course it is a game. We have already spoken about this. But these AP and DU rounds break my immersion for many years, so I wanted to fix it.
I think there is a difference between simplifications and non-senses. But it must be subjective.

It seems that nobody else care, so I won't waste time on this. Maybe just rename them, not even sure.

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Sun May 22, 2016 3:43 pm

ap... du...

fire bullets from ar
cryo/fire/ac descrease shells from ghost
they adding energy cost per shell, mb do same for ap and du? but will need to buff them to or make cost very low (0.1-0.25)

cuz 2 another classes waste their mana for much more bonuses (like x5-20 more for ar, cuz splash and dps)
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun May 22, 2016 11:14 pm

I could imagine gun modules which modify the bullet in some ways. Some energy used is not even necessary.
But people are very used to the AP and DU rounds name. So I don't know.
Or just rename them AP rounds module, and DU rounds module ?
Now I find that quite useless, so much noise for so few.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri May 27, 2016 8:31 am

Preview of the new window :
new_window.jpg
new_window.jpg (160.27 KiB) Viewed 1011 times

The display on hover after 1s delay, can be annoying when wanting to check several players, so I am looking for an other way to display it.
I could add a "+" icon to the left of each soldier in the squad list, so clicking it would display this window.
Or just remove the delay maybe.

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Fri May 27, 2016 4:54 pm

dunno about delay, i think button would be better
medals looks good, if you dont planning to add more
size limit for exp (like 1kk exp on every rank), games played if 1k+
team kills number (for all games played)

and colored nickname for faster hero posion detect when you using yellow ally colores and tl button

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri May 27, 2016 7:53 pm

I think I can add 2 medals only in this width. Not sure to add any.
Good idea for the size limit, I may do it excepted for the chosen rank set so the players can see accurately how much they need for the next level.
For the games played, it is not really needed as there is much place.

TK is a good idea for new stats, could add civilians killed too. But if I remember well, I was thinking about TK that some people would like to see the number to increase.

Colored nicknames in this window, I prefer not. It is awful and not really needed. Medics can use z+z to ping everybody needing their attention. To know who it is doesn't really help.

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Fri May 27, 2016 10:08 pm

"would like to see the number to increase." - then use another wat - just minus 1 career revive per 1 tk
so ppl would more carefull with tk, and play more medic
+with this new system, you can reset players career revives (or descrease to camo/medal req if they have them already)

"It is awful" - well.. if you dont using yellow ally colores, then yes; but if you using it - all white colores in board makes ..
shorter, horseradish knows who is on the minimap pingunl exactly who need help with something, or who said what (without opening the chat history), because remember these nikneymy in different languages does not make sense
and its bad to use all colores in minimap, cuz zombies show as brown, darkgreen, near-grey colores that not easy to see in minimap. [ggle-translater]

"To know who it is doesn't really help." - if you dont care who need item/heal/cover - yep

+mission item mark in minimap blocking tl minimap player mark-nicknames... so you see only colore, but some colores looks almost same..

p.s. i dunno why blizzards did used wc3 colore choose system: player(green)-ally(yellow)-enemy(red); all players with their colores; ally-enemy in minimap, but in chat players got their colores..

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sat May 28, 2016 2:20 pm

DragonS wrote:"would like to see the number to increase." - then use another wat - just minus 1 career revive per 1 tk
so ppl would more carefull with tk, and play more medic
+with this new system, you can reset players career revives (or descrease to camo/medal req if they have them already)

Could be an other stat, kind of karma. Because even if the player TK a lot for some reason, there is no point decreasing the career survive stat.

DragonS wrote:"It is awful" - well.. if you dont using yellow ally colores, then yes; but if you using it - all white colores in board makes ..
shorter, horseradish knows who is on the minimap pingunl exactly who need help with something, or who said what (without opening the chat history), because remember these nikneymy in different languages does not make sense
and its bad to use all colores in minimap, cuz zombies show as brown, darkgreen, near-grey colores that not easy to see in minimap. [ggle-translater]

"To know who it is doesn't really help." - if you dont care who need item/heal/cover - yep

+mission item mark in minimap blocking tl minimap player mark-nicknames... so you see only colore, but some colores looks almost same..

You can ping (not sure if you understand : ping = cross on the minimap) the position of a player, just clicking someone in the squad list. It will ping him on the minimap on green if he is alive, red if he is dead and grey if he has left the game.

DragonS wrote:p.s. i dunno why blizzards did used wc3 colore choose system: player(green)-ally(yellow)-enemy(red); all players with their colores; ally-enemy in minimap, but in chat players got their colores..

No idea. If it was possible, I would remove all these colors, put the undead in red, PMC in an other, and every players in green or something, civilians in white. These colors may be usefull in a RTS to see quickly the owner of any unit, but in a survival with adapted specific tools, no.
Actually I have to study what I can do with these colors. It seems to have a way to customize them, but I did not find how during a quick study last time.

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Sun May 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Znimu, I think that you have done an amazing job on UAR so far, Nearly all of the changes have been a huge step forward in terms of gameplay and visual effects. However I cannot say the same about this new UI. It has many problems and I see it as a considerable step back from the old UI.

I know that you put a lot of work into this UI, If these concerns cannot be addressed could we at least have the option to use the old UI? For example, Something in the lobby that players could pick "Basic UI" or "Advanced UI". Or perhaps a way to do it in game?

1. Many of the buttons that you would want to use quickly are far to the edge of the screen.

The TL and DE buttons are the main issue, I found that I would either have to look away from my character in order to press them, Or scroll the edge of my screen closer to my character in order to press them without looking away. In both cases it is more time consuming and makes the majority of you screen useless because you either won't be looking at it or you wouldn't be able to see anything to your left.

2. The inventory is at the very bottom of the screen.

If you do not set custom hotkeys for you inventory or have a gaming mouse with extra buttons [Which most people don't] then it would take much longer to click on items that you would want to use quickly such as Clots, Explosive Charges, MGL, ect. There have been many times where even with the current inventory that I had to use a clot quickly and found myself with less than 100 hp after using the clot. So I would have died for sure in those situations with the current inventory location.

3. The ammo/magazines display is small/hard to read.

I found myself have to squint half the time just to see how much ammo I had, Also because it is not near the middle of the screen anymore it's not as easy to check ammo by just glancing down.

4. Without the Squad Info button you cannot check everyone's ammo quickly.

Now you would have to open up the Squad Display list and hover over each persons name individually, Waiting for a delay each time.

5. Without the Self info button you have to use the Squad Display list or the Vote/Score screen to check info like Hits taken, Exp gained, Massive kills.

This is very annoying for people who play with the Squad Display closed.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun May 29, 2016 10:39 pm

Billyum wrote:Znimu, I think that you have done an amazing job on UAR so far, Nearly all of the changes have been a huge step forward in terms of gameplay and visual effects.

Thanks, it means a lot to me from you :)

Billyum wrote:However I cannot say the same about this new UI. It has many problems and I see it as a considerable step back from the old UI.

OK then I will look for solutions. Sorry to have a mind so hard to make change. It is my way of beeing I guess. Maybe I got a temper finally.

Well I think that I did a strategic mistake allowing to hide this squad list. But on an other hand I understand that it would have bothered you anyways.
I understand too that for a such experimented player like you, it is annoying and not necessary to have intuitive places for the buttons. You prefer a quick access.
Maybe I have focussed to much on new players designing this new UI.

Billyum wrote:I know that you put a lot of work into this UI, If these concerns cannot be addressed could we at least have the option to use the old UI? For example, Something in the lobby that players could pick "Basic UI" or "Advanced UI". Or perhaps a way to do it in game?

I don't know if it is possible, it would add much work as I have built my new UI above the old one, so I can't easily have both. I will try to study it.

Billyum wrote:1. Many of the buttons that you would want to use quickly are far to the edge of the screen.
Billyum wrote:4. Without the Squad Info button you cannot check everyone's ammo quickly.
Billyum wrote:5. Without the Self info button you have to use the Squad Display list or the Vote/Score screen to check info like Hits taken, Exp gained, Massive kills.

Yes I had taken this in consideration, and was thinking to allow to display these 4 buttons as previously probably by a chat command, saved in the bank. Actually I could allow this way to display the whole ancient functionnal dialog which could allow to place it where you want easily.
What would you prefer ? The whole functionnal dialog or only these 4 buttons ? Or maybe other buttons too but not every buttons now that I give you the choice ?

Billyum wrote:2. The inventory is at the very bottom of the screen.

If you do not set custom hotkeys for you inventory or have a gaming mouse with extra buttons [Which most people don't] then it would take much longer to click on items that you would want to use quickly such as Clots, Explosive Charges, MGL, ect. There have been many times where even with the current inventory that I had to use a clot quickly and found myself with less than 100 hp after using the clot. So I would have died for sure in those situations with the current inventory location.

Billyum wrote:3. The ammo/magazines display is small/hard to read.

I found myself have to squint half the time just to see how much ammo I had, Also because it is not near the middle of the screen anymore it's not as easy to check ammo by just glancing down.

I may put the life bar on the left, and the ammo + mags to its right.
I will study if it could have a way for the players to switch the place of all that (inventory + health bar + ammo).
For the ammo and the IL, it would be quite easy to allow 2 different places, as this is not UI side.
For the healthbar too, but if I remember well, you don't use it. And I may allow to save in the bank to display it or not (there is already a chat command).
For the inventory, I will need to do some tests. I may have a way to move it, not sure yet.

So I have some studies / tests to do. If to have the 2 UI available is hardly doable (it would be a lot of work even if I find a way), are the other changes I propose here satisfying you ? Have you other ideas ?

Just to know, don't you find that the place free-ed at bottom is enjoyable ?

Return to “Announcements”