Incoming update

General announcements about UAR.
Billyum

Re: Incoming update

Postby Billyum » Mon May 30, 2016 2:32 am

What would you prefer ? The whole functionnal dialog or only these 4 buttons?
Those four buttons and perhaps the "clear chat" button [For people that are easily annoyed by spam] should be enough, The hold fire button is pretty close to the middle where it is now so it shouldn't be an issue.

One thing that could be done is to have the 16 button grid default as enabled and then have another button to disable/enable it. This could give new players twice the chance of finding buttons they are looking for and would be more familiar to veterans who had been using this system for 2-5 years.

"I will study if it could have a way for the players to switch the place of all that (inventory + health bar + ammo)."
If you can then that should fix everything, Thank you.

"Have you other ideas?"
In my last post I forgot to mention the Unit Portrait, It was a nice alternative to double clicking "1" and also added a great deal of immersion [At least for me anyway, I'm not sure about anyone else].

"Just to know, don't you find that the place free-ed at bottom is enjoyable?"
It is nice, However the old UI [As well as the new one] is transparent so I could just see right through it anyway.

"are the other changes I propose here satisfying you?"
Yes, thank you for your time.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Tue May 31, 2016 6:57 am

Keys added :
- alt + S : ping Squad position
- alt + D : ping Deads position
- alt + C : Clear the chat

Even if I have hidden the toggle of displaying or not the terrain on the minimap because it seems useless to me, the key for it (alt + T) still works.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Tue May 31, 2016 7:00 am

Billyum wrote:One thing that could be done is to have the 16 button grid default as enabled and then have another button to disable/enable it. This could give new players twice the chance of finding buttons they are looking for and would be more familiar to veterans who had been using this system for 2-5 years.

Not sure about what you mean here.
Are you speaking about the QWERTY keys mode ?

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Tue May 31, 2016 11:00 am

"Not sure about what you mean here."
-tl
-me
-in
-nod
-etc
4x4 command board near unit portrait
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Tue May 31, 2016 11:06 am

Oh yes, I thought he said 16x16. But he said 16.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:34 pm

Right now, the patchnotes, I may have forgotten some things :

BUG FIXES :
- CFF commands (-s, -i, ...) reworked to not trigger if the parameter is not a number, please report any bug
- CAS reworked, the bomb should explode after 4,8s in every case (but the bomber will appear suddenly releasing the bomb if his spawn point should have been out of the map)
- Cursed should not apply any venom on units with an active Plasma shield or under Stone protocol
- Optional objective generators : numbers color changed on the minimap

UPDATES :
- terrain textures
- terrain heights
- paths
- Thalim
- roads
- new jump :
  • the soldier might possibly jump a slightly shorter distance if the full-length jump would fail.
  • attempting to jump above obstacles (cliff corners included) will make the soldier jump towards them instead of failing, unless the obstacle is too close to the unit.
- new nano camo
- new UI
- possibility to ping an item or an unit to indicate it to the other players (use the regular ping directly on it)
- laser designator visual added to incitate to focus the target
- possibility to ping the place where was the heroe of a left player (in the squad dialog, as for alive and dead heroes)
- minis and LNs prone button moved to standardize
- all other sounds are now muted during the ear ringing (10s)
- shortucuts added :
  • alt + S : ping Squad position
  • alt + D : ping Deads position
  • alt + C : Clear the chat
- Spawn areas changed for the KEC and Satchels, to avoid hidden places
- The death window won't be displayed any more for the players with XP >= 6K in Enlisted
- The Orbital strike now hits air targets, his range has been decreased and his cooldown increased for the lowest levels, slightly

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:41 pm

You might want to disable secondary objectives for last mission of chapter 3 (and chapter 4 if it's not already done). Last time I had the Darreus passing by secondary mission during the T1 rush in Altius, Citius, Fortius... Which was... awkward...
I guess it's very easy to do so it's just a little meaningless suggestion.

Also why does Prone bonus damage isn't applied multiplicatively ? I understand for weapons and various bonuses to stack additively, but I would find it more logical that Prone would be applied after any other modification, don't you think ?

Hitman

Postby Hitman » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:47 pm

New update is sad, I mean alt+c hotkey.Hitman`s trolling died.
RIP Hitman`s trolling. 2016-2016 :pleur4:
P.S. Everyone is waiting new jump,right? ::d

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:06 am

Kami no Varou wrote:You might want to disable secondary objectives for last mission of chapter 3 (and chapter 4 if it's not already done). Last time I had the Darreus passing by secondary mission during the T1 rush in Altius, Citius, Fortius... Which was... awkward...
I guess it's very easy to do so it's just a little meaningless suggestion.

I will check that.

Kami no Varou wrote:Also why does Prone bonus damage isn't applied multiplicatively ? I understand for weapons and various bonuses to stack additively, but I would find it more logical that Prone would be applied after any other modification, don't you think ?

(improved) Prone gives an attack speed bonus of 8%, so every damage bonus, and passive attack modifiers beneficit of it.
But the +13% damage bonus is applied only to the weapon base damage I think, I think that it doesn't take in consideration the damage bonus. Not sure if it could take them in consideration easily, I will study it.
Many people just don't prone, cause it implicate to unprone which can be dangerous. So revalorising the prone is a good idea.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:09 am

Hitman wrote:New update is sad, I mean alt+c hotkey.

There was already alt+G (ping), alt+T (show/hide the terrain on the minimap) and an other one (swith the colors of the players). So I think it is not totally dumb as new keys.

Hitman wrote:P.S. Everyone is waiting new jump,right? ::d

Hehe, Anubis did a great job, this new jump is much better :)

Return to “Announcements”