General announcements about UAR.
Znimu

Re: New class : the FP-500 Combat Walker

Postby Znimu » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:02 pm

STILL TO DO :

- Special jump
- Lvl 4 Chassis (so engine overheating)
- Marksmanship trigger side
- Main Weaponry (4 lvl instead of the 3 levels of Belt Linking)
- Heavy Weaponry (include Rockets)
- EMP Rockets
- Special items (repair kits, boosts for the Walker)
- Camos
- SIs
- Pilot ?

MeuhMeuh

Postby MeuhMeuh » Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:31 pm

What about putting a siege mode (instead of the standard prone) that increase the sight and range instead of having it permanent ? Maybe that way its more balanced, i don't know, just an idea :D

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:27 pm

Thanks for your idea.
It may be used for an other vehicule class actually.

But the Combat Walker has engine overheat which is quite same than the suppressive fire, slows the move speed, but speeds up the attacks.

MeuhMeuh

Postby MeuhMeuh » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:23 pm

A second weapon slot instead of the armour ? Maybe the base damage has to be way lower then

Orel

Postby Orel » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:15 am

Hopefully I'm not too late to give some basic idea around this :-) Also some sort of extension of MeuhMeuh idea.

How about introduce 2-mode walker variant? Maybe bit similar to Cyborg's.

1. Anti-Materiel Rifle - Nearly stationary/stationary mode with increased sight range. Very high damage, very slow fire rate, single target. Boss killer.

2. Dual Minigun - Mobile mode. Moderate damage, very high fire rate. Highly effective at close range (10) low damage at max range (20). If this is possible to implement - gradual damage reduce by range.

Reconfiguration should take some time.

Edit:

Plot twist - maybe initially only Pilot is available and he need to recover (may be made easy or hard) his mech?
also you level Pilot skills, but they become active only while in walker. Pilot might have also some basic CE skills too.

When mech is destroyed - he is capable to fix it with repair kit dropped after.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:35 pm

For now, I will release him tomorrow as planned, and with the abilities established.
We have already tons of unlocks to add to him :gene:
We will see how people play him. Then decide which evolution could be interesting.

STILL TO DO :

- Special jump
- Lvl 4 Chassis (so engine overheating)
- Marksmanship trigger side
- Main Weaponry (4 lvl instead of the 3 levels of Belt Linking)
- Heavy Weaponry (include Rockets)
- EMP Rockets
- bug : passives lost after revive
- bug (+1 move speed coming from nowhere) while no move speed bonus from Rockets
- new independant base weapon
- Unlockable 2x3 cluster rockets
- special inventory for the Walker
- construct data in the bank for the Walker unlockables
- Special items (repair kits, boosts for the Walker)
- Camos
- SIs
- the walker pushes back the tiniest zombies just walking
- Specific mechanical ailments
- Deployment by Dropship
- perma flare

- Pilot ? No pilot for now, would be a consequent additional work, maybe later not sure at all. Hm actually when the Walker is destroyed, we can see sometimes the corpse of the pilot included in the death model. I guess that the engineer repairs him too :mrgreen:

Orel

Postby Orel » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:31 am

Some bugs detected:

1. Jam immunity is not fixed yet? If it should be - after taking marksmanship 4 (or may be coincidence)
immunity is gone.
2. Overheat(attack speed boost) do not apply any bonuses (only slows down movement)
3. Nearly zero quests doable in PMC mode with CW
4. Immunity probably not working as intended. Was destroyed by flamer fire in air
5. RA facility accessible for CW

Also for balance reduce base attack range to 18, but each marksmanship should give +1 attack range.
Overheat should work as toggle and provide 2x attack speed and movement speed reduction constantly. Also move it so it be unlocked by lvl 2 Marksmanship.
base attack speed should be reduced by 30-40% but base movement speed should be set to 2.8. Also remove speed bonus from rocket skill. Put both rockets under same skill level up and change 2nd skill to boost energy regen, rocket launch speed, and very small bonus to movement speed.

This is an attempt to make it bit more versatile.
Last edited by Orel on Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robert

Postby robert » Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:41 pm

I don't agree with base movement speed, walker should be slow and deal high dps. It needs to be covered by the team to not die. Walker is pretty fast now (2.6), imo it should be even slower (2.3 maybe). Energy regeneration is very high, but walker uses a lot of energy, so I don't think it needs to be boosted even higher (I never ran out of energy, unless I use engine overheating).

Orel

Postby Orel » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:03 pm

Engine overheat will be baseline for DPS builds. So it will slow down CW. Without it - it will have much slower attack speed (slower then current baseline). Base energy regen should be reduced IMO. But maybe increase capacity to 500

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:22 pm

Yes Robert, it was the concept, a slow but powerful vehicle.
For now, we don't really see his power, as there is only very few items and no unlocks done.
I have upped the speed for the survival mode. Actually I would need to do some tests with good players, but as not done yet, 2.7 move speed base could help a little for now.
The CW can't survive without team-play, particularly in a Survival mode. And it was exactly what I had in mind for an unlock related to not die with the CW in surv mode. But not in a hurry, I think that for now people want challenges, but in regular modes. Not elite survival mode challenges.
So I will work on new zombies (after adding some new items) to increase the global difficulty.
Hm there is the rework of the Sfaat too, the Ion Cannon, that I don't forget...

OK to give +1 range with each Marksmanship.
I will probably increase the health bonus provided by Chassis too, decreasing the base health.
I may lower the health regene provided by Chassis 2 to 3,0/s.

I may shorten the cooldown for both rockets, when upping the related trees. Still thinking about your ideas for Rockets Orel. I don't know yet.

A possible future unlock would be a passive like a little ki (probably less powerfull), if the cooldown of both rockets evolve with their levels, it may become usefull.

Return to “Announcements”