New item : Scope

General announcements about UAR.

Who should be able to use a scope ?

Assault Rifles (Rifleman, Medic, Cav. Scout, Jav. Gunner, Plat. Leeder, FSS)
22%
Assault Rifles + Ghost
56%
Everybody
11%
D answer
11%

Total votes: 9

Znimu

Re: New item : Scope

Postby Znimu » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:36 am

"Recoil suppressor" is a nice name :)

But I am thinking to give it +1 range and a little snare applied to the target, maybe 5% snare first then see it in action to decide if it needs an up.

For the ghost, I think you are right, I may allow him to use scope finally. No point to do an equivalent item, he is already aside for several reasons.

Any idea of name for the item for shotguns ? It would add +1 range and stun briefly the target.

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:43 am

The thing that worries me about a snare for the AR/Borg/Proto is that AR already has incendiary rounds which are a very nice slow. There's also the Cyborg who is crazy fast, Given a slow on top of that might be too much.

I like the idea for the micro stun on the shotgun and I don't see anything wrong with it balance wise, I just wanted to make an item that could be used by both Machine Gunners and Shotgun users. Though keep in mind that the closest thing to a shotgun dps MOS at the moment would be an SFAAT with marksmanship and soldier skills [not that great, (Vanguard MOS is a work in progress)].

I'll start thinking about a name for a shotgun item.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:49 am

I think that increase attack speed would be a bigger up than a little snare. Actually it depends on the zombie. But this snare would not affect massive zombies.

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:55 am

What I was most worried about was people using it to slow massive zombies so I guess that's fine. There are a few strong zombies that are not classified as massive [Cursed for example], Adding "Armored" to the exceptions might be needed too?

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:48 am

Exactly, makes sense too, as armored zombie may feel less the bursts.

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:54 am

ar and borg dont need micro stun ability - or target wont move.. almost
about shotguns [hide]http://hellgun.net/droboviki/page/1/[/hide] +use translater for more info
fake http://www.motto.net.ua/pic/201211/1920x1200/motto.net.ua-44841.jpg
*with the fraction an elephant do not go
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:06 am

The micro stun is for the Shotgun [SFAAT and Engineer], The idea for the Machine guns is a 5% slow. I think in both cases it wouldn't effect massive or armored zombies.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:18 am

Yes both would not affect massive nor armored.

And Billyum is right :
- Auto rifle : little snare (no stack with itself though)
- Shotgun : brief stun (maybe 0.3 s, would need tests)

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:25 am

So I have allowed to the ghost to use the scopes. I know the votes disagree, but well only 3 votes, and I follow the opinion of Billyum who thinks that is must remain relatively simple.
I have taken the votes in consideration anyways, following them I have removed the scopes for auto rifles and shotguns.

The Coil Suppressor for auto rifles is almost done.

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:56 pm

For the shotgun range item I was thinking "Shotgun Improved Choke". Basically it would reduce the bullet spread therefor giving it more range and hitting with more force [Enough to briefly stun small lightly armored targets]. Though it might be weird explaining why the shotgun's splash radius stays the same when the logic behind the item says it would be lowered.

"Magic, it's totally magic" -Unknown Rifleman

Return to “Announcements”