Jump ability

Tell me what you think about UAR.
Znimu

Jump ability

Postby Znimu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:08 am

I have studied the jump ability, to try to not trigger the cooldown if the jump is failed for path reason (tree or doodads).

I have not found how to remove the cooldown in these fail cases, not sure if it is possible without changing totally the jump system and I think it would bother many people who are used to it, but I found a way to make the jump done the nearest possible from the unwalkable target. In some cases it allows to jump more far than a jump should go, if the nearest from the unwalkable target is a bit more far.

Not sure if I explain well. The jump would trigger in every cases, but sometimes you would land behind a tree for an example and it can lead to bigger jumps than the jump should allow.

Does it seem better than the actual ? I may argue that jumping on a tree, you can fall behind it.

DragonS

Re: Jump ability

Postby DragonS » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:44 am

about jump cancel without cd - uac map got it, but better to jump any way, just closer + in targeted point, not just forward with max jump range
a bit less or more if place a bit blocked - not a problem
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:13 am

It is exactly what would happen if I update the jump. I have just spoken about what could bother.
With my update, when the target of the jump is a tree or something, the jump would be done at the closest walkable point.

I think it is kind of approaching the NotD jump, but maybe the NotD jump doesn't allow to go more far than the max jump distance even if it is stuck. Not sure.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Hmm I just understand what you mean Dragon. To be able to jump nearer from self. But it would require some work, i have only studied how to get rid of this path issue which prevents the jump.
And I am not sure that it is really important. Personnaly I jump to move faster or to jump off a cliff, what would be the utility to be able to jump nearer ?

I may update the jump soon if nobody disagree.

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:13 pm

"what would be the utility to be able to jump nearer " - need when you need to jump between blocked places(there is many places like that on map)
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:10 am

Oh yes I see. But with my update it may do the job easier with few pratice, as you will jump in every cases, so just have to target and predict a few the distance, you will kind of slide on the path blocker.

I will update it tomorrow, so you can all give me feedbacks if you want.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:00 am

Jump updated an other way than I thought (as my previous idea doesn't work fine) : you won't cast the jump if the path of the target is blocked, instead you will run to the nearest point from your target.
So the cooldown will not be triggered as the soldier has not jumped.

Feedbacks welcome if you think it is needed.

Return to “Feedback”