Item Hoarding

Tell me what you think about UAR.
Billyum

Item Hoarding

Postby Billyum » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:39 am

Recently I played a game where a Combat Engineer and an Automatic Rifleman were arguing over an aim assistant, To prevent the situation from escalating any further I will leave both players unnamed. It started out with the AR asking the CE for the AA and the CE not responding. Soon after another player told the CE that he was being greedy. The CE acted confused at first and the two players tried to explain to him that an AA is much better on an AR than a CE. The CE then got defensive saying that "he found the AA so he earned it, If you don't like it report me to Znimu". The AR then got upset and TKed the CE and stole the AA off his body. The CE threatened to TK the AR and so the AR kept TKing the CE when he was revived. Later in the game when the AR left the CE alone, the CE used his mini to kill the AR even after the AR saved said mini from a gargantuan.

While all this was going on players told them to stop but didn't pick sides because everyone knew that both sides were wrong. The CE was well known for hoarding items and many players were annoyed by that. For obvious reasons no one wanted to side with someone who was TKing for items either.

I know that there really isn't anything that can be done as far as changes to item descriptions that could change this behavior in any meaningful way. When my friends and I are playing we try to grab the items and get them to whichever MOS needs it the most so that new people can have a better idea of what items go to which MOS. I think all that can really be done about this is try and explain to people that they shouldn't hoard items, And when you see someone who is known to hoard items try to grab them first and get them to whoever needs them. There's no reason to be TKing people over this.

Znimu

Re: Item Hoarding

Postby Znimu » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:34 am

I agree for the TK, it was wrong. Imagine the army in real life, you won't kill a soldier of your squad because he doesn't want to give you an aim assistant. Actually some people does things like this in films and I think that they are seen as very bad guys by objective people (not sure if "objective" means the same as in french).

The CE was wrong too, even if an AA can be usefull to him, it is very more usefull to an AR. But maybe he did not understand why. I think you should have tried to explain to him that the AR is a class fully based on his gun and do more damage with his gun than a CE, while the CE has support capacities and doesn't rely only on his gun, so the AR benefits way more from an AA.
In an other hand, I am not a psychologist, but I know that some people are on the defensive, afraid to be stolen or something.

Well if those 2 guys read this message, please try to remember it is only a game, only an item in a game. You really have better to do in UAR or even in your real life than to think about revenge about this. Both of you were wrong, but it is virtual. Don't give more importance to this than it should have. Just try both to learn from your mistake.
And to return in the dimension of UAR, remember that TK in purpose is wrong in every cases, whatever happened.

I plan to add in the tooltip which classes are the most indicated for most items. I am still thinking about it. It could help a few.

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:10 am

"then got defensive saying tha" - and he's right - why he should give item that he found to some1 else? he wanna use it, and ce can use it cuz got crits from ss2
from other side its... not good for teamplay, but who sayed that teamplay need in recruit mode or full teamplay need in normal mode?

"CE was well known for hoarding items" - correct this message - he just dropped items in base(as im doing as sfaat in town) or he tryed to hold everything? - but tehnically CE cant hold many items or items that really need to team... and etc
"TKing for items either" - useless thing unless its quest item that will gone after timer with exp loss for team...
but "ki" question not fixed yet
(like medic with 0 mana, pvt with full mana and ki, 1-2 veterans and graveyard for 5-6 places.. +pvt dont wanna give ki at any ways... what would you prefer? low time before next mission and its not recruit...)

"grab the items and get them to whichever MOS needs it the most " - im using a bit another - mos, mos owned exp(wins, current rank exp, play style), difficult, mode for difficult
(like what reason to give medic ki when you play normal ob and you jav/fss/ar with fire shells? or if med noob and didnt skilled revie& got only ss?. and etc

"There's no reason to be TKing people over this." - just wait when they die from suicid/zombies and get it(ofc if they doesnt listen, dont wanna give high priority item to class that really need it and etc-etc-etc)

"the army in real life" - Order. there is no detention ability, so its order to kill apostate, order the infringer cuz its a game

"understand why" - if it was recruit difficult, AR can play without AA, and aa for ce would be really usefull
if normal - still same just need more players in game for it
any way, if some didnt give item in first moments and seen message, all other messages would be as a spam for him/she/it

" tooltip which classes are the most indicated" - not only mos req need for items... ability learned, si used, team exp, number of team, classes combination in team, difficult, mode, mission in game, game "in this moment" situation...
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:26 am

DragonS wrote:" tooltip which classes are the most indicated" - not only mos req need for items... ability learned, si used, team exp, number of team, classes combination in team, difficult, mode, mission in game, game "in this moment" situation...

I can't add all that on the tooltip, it would fill the entire screen. I may add only one line : "Recommended for -classes name-", just an indication.

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:32 am

kinetic integrator - recommended for all classes(cluster-borg; burst-bat; rofl-nader; ghost-nades; any supresser;..), but not sfaat xD
same with aa and kevlar
- recommended; usefull; useless; some time/can be used; must be (like aa for dps)
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

Return to “Feedback”