Fuel discharge vs Monomolecular wire

Tell me what you think about UAR.
Znimu

Re: Fuel discharge vs Monomolecular wire

Postby Znimu » Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:01 pm

The SDM has a very slow attack speed, the mono wire allows him to not be totally overwhelmed by mass T3. I think now that I should decrease the damage of the mono wire, it is a possibility too. I don't really think that this mono wire is very usefull when the SDM is covered by his team, it is more designed for when he is alone, and when his attack speed would not allow him to kill to survive (versus hunters for an example). But as the SDM has a very powerfull auto-attack even that slow, it seems not justified to give him such a powerfull damaging ability, the stun is already very powerfull as it stuns even the biggest zombies.

The Flamer has a very fast attack speed and little aoe with auto attacks, he doesn't really fear mass T3. But he is very less efficient versus armored and massive, as every attack is lowered by the armor of the target (the lower the damage, the more it is lowered by the armor in pourcent). That is why I think that the Discharge has a bonus versus heavy ennemies.

Kami no Varou wrote:BTW, nice job with visual =)

Still sorry about the napalm, it is a complicated system that I am currently trying to understand.

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:45 am

DragonS wrote:but y - need less wide for mono, cus its 1 round and not wall of them

Mono is more like a razor sharp net than a bullet, Its a thin wire that cuts through things.

For all the people confused as to why the flamer has so many +damage vs armored effects, It all has to do with a post made on the UA3 forums about how weak the flamer is vs T2s and T1s. They're there so that the flamer can be effective against hunters and such.

"So actually, why would you pick Flamethrower on higher difficulties is he's so uneffective ?"
Pretty much just for fun and for testing, like I said Jav Gunner is the go to for an AoE Caster MOS. The Flamethrower's Fuel discharge is more effective than the Jav Gunner's HE rocket due to its damage vs armored and how easy it is to spam it. The Jav Gunner has Para trap, AT rocket, and the ability to create explosive charges and this makes it effective vs T1s mid to late game [Something that the flamer does not have].

"But I didn't even talked about energy gestion on Flamethrower"
Its not a good idea to spec for more then one skill on flamer, Basically you chose between Fuel Discharge, Plasma Shield, and Grav nade. You max that skill along with soldier skills and napalm and you have enough energy to spam it with the EN SI. So what people would do is get WK EN, put 1 point into napalm, Max Fuel Discharge, Then start maxing out solder skills and napalm. Anything weaker than Risen you kill with napalm, For everything else you spam Fuel Discharge. I would often run up to Hunters and Fuel Discharge them so they would be at very low hp [Very easy for the dps to finish them off].

"I think now that I should decrease the damage of the mono wire"
I was thinking that dropping the damage by 25% for each level would be good [600,900,1200,1500]. Mono has a high energy cost, So it makes sense that its damage would be somewhat high compared to frag nade. I have noticed that sometimes with mono, Zombies that are in the targeting line don't take full damage even though there are zombies on both sides of them that do. For the reasons I stated before, I don't think that the radius should be lowered.

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:05 am

"Monomolecular wire" - translation: A metallic article as filaments thin rod.
mhhhmmm 8/

never translater it before.. but.. lets use some logic to make less future discussion about ba... just for fun :ghee:
if its penetrat targets with same dmg(and thus the wire does not lose strength and integrity when passing through the targets)

it must kill/amputate parts from this targets(like t3 zombies vs mono lvl1 hard+ diff)
and there must be a choose between only ground/air targets... cuz if it can deal dmg to both types in same type...
[no dmg betweed different ground levels - only targeted level; less air penetrate area, but increasing with target range - more range between hero&target - more penetrate range]

what is the size of this wire?
(must be something like enouth to cut cacuman into cubes for salad with just 2 uses... cuz after first, he wont survive)
penetrate without kill/broke buffs killing logic in this skill

if without penetrate, its should deal less dmg to armored, but descrease their armor for some time...
...but same problems got frag grenades, 40mm, ec, rockets(HE version) and etc...
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:48 am

Napalm fixed :)
It had a conflict with the fix to not lose it on death. I finally hard fixed it with triggers.

And mono wire damage decreased as Billyum suggested (600/900/1200/1500 now).

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:32 am

Graviton charge improved (radius and effect increased).

Fuel discharge will now apply the level of Napalm active on the flamethrower regardless of the level of Fuel Discharge. Please report any bug (if Napalm not applied or something).

Feedbacks and bug reports welcome.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:52 am

How many stacks does it applies ? Cause applying one stack don't really make a difference.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:39 pm

It applies only one stack right now. I plan to up the number of stacks, but I think that every stack will stop together. So even if you attack, the target will not be at full stack (10 if only one flamer) when those applied stop. Perhaps it is not dramatic.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Other question : when applying the stack, is immediate impact damage applied or is the stack just added without it ? I'm not sure how exactly Napalm works but it has 2 components - an immediate impact damage and a DoT.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:17 pm

Oh thanks to point this, I only applied the DOT, not sure if I should apply the initial damage too, as the discharge already does initial damage. But maybe for more interesting builds... I don't know. I wait for your feedbacks ;)
But please take it consideration how much I have already up the flamer :ange:

I have up the number of stacks applied to 3 in the 158 version.

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:51 am

After talking with some friends about napalm stacks on fuel discharge, We came up with two options.

Fuel discharge:
Lvl 1: 3 stacks
lvl 2: 6 stacks
lvl 3: 9 stacks
lvl 4: 12 stacks

or

Fuel discharge:
lvl 1: 0 stacks
lvl 2: 5 stacks
lvl 3: 10 stacks
lvl 4: 15 stacks

Both may seem a little high at first though keep in mind that when compared to a Jav Gunner, The Flamethrower is quite weak. For these napalm stacks to work the limit to how many stacks you can have needs to be raised, Honestly I think the limitation can be removed altogether due to the fact that even with a Medic's augs the Flamethrower can only attack so fast. With two Fuel Discharge Flamethrowers you would be lucky to get as high as 60 stacks and that would only be just after both Flamers using fuel discharge.

Return to “Feedback”