Fuel discharge vs Monomolecular wire

Tell me what you think about UAR.
Znimu

Re: Fuel discharge vs Monomolecular wire

Postby Znimu » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:02 pm

I agree, and I prefer the 3/6/9/12 because even with Napalm lvl 1, some stacks would be applied.

A stack remains 3s. The Flamethrower has 0,17 attack speed. So he could apply 17 stacks + 12 from the discharge, so 29 stacks. But without the Discharge it would be 17 stacks, and same when the stacks from the discharge disappear. Without aug from a medic. I still need to think about it.

To valorize the flamer from the Jav and differenciate them, I wonder if the Discharge could apply a debuff, something like the targets take 5% more damage during 5 secondes (will need balance to make something good), or each stack of Napalm could apply a (lower maybe 5% / 29 = 0.17 so maybe 0,2%) debuff, I don't know. What do you thing about that ? :)

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:13 am

Ailments won't trigger with shields (plasma shields, stolewall protocoll), it was a bug.

Discharge now applies 3/6/9/12 stacks of the active level of Napalm.
Discharge now applies an armor debuff (-2) for 10 secondes, same debuff for every level.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:54 pm

I like it that napalm stacks increase damage. And I like it even more that it does so by decreasing armor - seems more logical to me that it "melts" armor than increasing raw damage (yeah, it's probably a bit twisted).
I was thinking, maybe napalm stacks could apply a 0.5% slow that stacks - and is halved against armored/massive ? That would make 6% on discharge and 8.5% if you keep firing for more than 3s - sounds correct, no ? Or maybe lower damage instead ? I feel burning could use an additionnal effect beside DoT.
I LOVE that you don't risk ailment anymore with plasma shield - it was pretty nullifying the point of it. I felt like it was less likely with the shield though.
Well now I wanna try flamethrower =P

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:25 pm

Someone said that he had an ailment while plasma shielded. Not sure right now, maybe it remains a bug.

I just have upped the limit for the stack to 30 for a single flamer, and 45 for 2 flamers. Actually I don't know why there is limits for these stacks. But with all these changes for the flamer, I will need to see how it goes now. The flamer was weak, but I don't want to overpower him.

Why not for the slow on napalm burn. I will study that. But I don't really know if the Flamer is not already to much powerfull. Nobody told me.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:05 am

Following 2 hours chatting with DragonS, 90% of trolling, 0.1% russian language, 1% bug report, and the rest to help me to fix the 40mm, I know that the limit was fixed to prevent lags. So please tell me (maybe someone with an old PC) if you encounter lags when Flamers stack a lot. Thanks.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:33 am

I just re-read your post Kami no Varou, actually it is the discharge which apply the -2 armor debuff for 10s. Was way easier for me to do. Can make sense too as the heat reached with the discharge must be much higher than the napalm burn, so the heat temporary breaks the armor.

According to my test, a Flamethrower can't get ailments under his plasma shield.

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:46 am

I think that the Flamethrower might be good enough on nightmare mode now, Will still need testing though. On recruit mode he does seem a little strong, Don't think that can really be helped [Its only recruit mode anyway, And the same can be said about the AR].

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:24 am

Yes but the AR has not a plasma shield.
But I think that if a flamer wants to go dps, he won't take the shield. Mainly for energy issues as told me SlightlyOff.

I don't know yet, I have the feeling to have overpowered him, but I will need to see him several times in action.
Until now, I was thinking "Yeah Flamer, it is a funny class but I will be useless.", so maybe a high revaluation can help to make him a little more popular. Then we will see if he has to be downed.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:51 am

Yeah, I got it, I just got mistaken =P
And yeah, ofc, actually it needs to be tested extensively to see how good it is, but I was throwing potential ideas for the future - honestly a slow doesn't really feel satisfying because there already quite a bit, but I could't think of something else useful and atm burn is often associated with slow (AR Incendiary Rounds, Plasma Grenade) so it is actually my best bet. And it would fulfill it's role as tank/mass slayer quite nicely by increasing abilities to kite. Yet, I clearly feel he doesn't need it - particulary with Graviton Grenade. Now with the buffs on his other spells and the limit on energy, I feel taking Graviton might be a less useful choice (yeah, I now it was buffed and yeah, until now I quite liked using it and didn't really encounter problems - although I never tried above hard).

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:05 am

Flamers should not be affected by any acid during their plasma shield. Actually the plasma shield will even remove any acid already on him.

Same behavior for the Stonewall Protocol of the cyborg.

Return to “Feedback”