TCP

Tell me what you think about UAR.
Znimu

TCP

Postby Znimu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:10 pm

I see now 2 solutions to improve this mission :
- display a line on the ground : the TCP will be lost if 5 zombies (or an other amount) cross this line
- make the zombies attack the TCP, give a life bar to the TCP, the TCP will be lost when destroyed

What do you think about that ?

DragonS

Re: TCP

Postby DragonS » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:42 pm

life-bar looks more intresting, but zombies shouldnt focus it if any humans around
+tcp building must have real armor (zombie claws vs tank armor -> tank should take ~0/5-2dmg.. not 10-30+ per hit.. something like this)
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:38 am

I could give some armor to the TCP, but I would have to give it few hitpoints. It is not really supposed to be heavily armored, and the defense would lose any sense if the zombies can't destroy it. A TCP is not supposed to tank the zombies.

For the tanks, I think that a high armor would be annoying for the PMC mode. It would change the way to kill tanks, because auto-attacks would be almost useless. So it would increase the difficulty, requiring explosives or jav or CFF, or something with high damage.
Could be interesting for perhaps a new difficulty (harder) for the PMC mode.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:56 am

I dislike the idea of giving a health bar and phisically protect the TCP. Makes no sense to me, and it just doesn't feel right. Not to mention the game is already stuffed with basic protection missions.
The line crossing thing sounds very promising, but there will be some problem with zombies coming from behind, no ?
Else, just increasing the TCP area and showing where it is sounds just fine by me. Sometimes the simplest solution might be the best. Well, the line crossing thing is more original, but it might not be the priority in the mission creation.

DragonS

Postby DragonS » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:25 am

the question is, what is considered a secure / hold positions
in the presence of an object with specified property
(As with the convoy at evacuate the city)
or expense of properties per the last zone (5 zombies or 5 cursed or 1 garпg and 4hunters - possible in nm)

i choose building, because it can be explained by the presence in the structure of different equipment for zone control

and i dont like idea that "tcp is defended" when line was passed by some simple zombies when you killed some bosses
or kited bosses from the line
or simple zombies passed just cuz some1 moved them by using gravy nade or trap or rifle butt or etc

or just when any alive human still in area - what reason in kiting around tcp some secs/minutes/another time, if no1 will use it after it cuz no alive turrets/cops/etc left in it.
player wont stay in tcp all time till win.
dead account to prevent non-game discussions with znimu

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Wow DragonS can have good arguments :hehe:

I agree with him this time, this TCP defense has always seemed strange to me. I understand what Illidan wanted to do, but what is the point to defend the TCP to not let enter zombies in the AO, after having killed hundreds of zombies inside this AO ? The AO has been breched long ago...

And if I increase the area, zombies will more easily go inside. It will be much more complicated to prevent them to go inside it.

Anyways, I think I will make the zombies attack the TCP. I look for other options since weeks, but I definitely don't find better.

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:04 am

I like the health bar idea better, Maybe give it 1k-1.5k hp and the same threat priority as a civilian?

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:50 am

Yes, something like that. 1k or 1,5k seems fine.
And yes same threat priority than the civilians, I will make the neutrals as the owner of them.
It will probably need some balance, seeing if it is not to easy to just kite the zombies during the timer, but as the areas where are the TCP are quite small, I think that it should be OK.

So the main threat for the TCP may be the explosives, rockets, or any area of damage effect, that is why I was looking for an other idea. But no clue. And it should be possible to use explosives and the rest above the TCP.

Return to “Feedback”