New Shotgun, Aim Assistant restrictions

New ideas or improvements to share.
tizzk

New Shotgun, Aim Assistant restrictions

Postby tizzk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:31 pm

A short recapitulation of the suggestions I made on discord:

I. Shotgun:

UTS-25 Dragon (inspired by the Dragon's Breath Ammunition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP4FjODPDFA and the futuristic design of the UTS-15 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTAS_UTS-15)

I would suggest to decrease the range by 2, as well as the attack speed and reload time by about 15%.
The improvement shall be one Napalm (lvl 2 or 3) stack with each shot, with a small aoe, cone-shaped if possible.

II. Aim Assistant Restrictions

Since I see no real sense into a shotgunner or the flamer to use an Aim Assistant, because these aren't weapons meant to be very precise, I ask to make it unusable on them.

Znimu

Re: New Shotgun, Aim Assistant restrictions

Postby Znimu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:55 pm

About the AA, I will at least disable it for flamers, I am still thinking about shotgun classes. Quite true that a shotgun doesn't really allow stuff to aim though.

About this new shotgun, is that not ammo which are incendiary ? On the video it seems to be the same weapon but with dragon ammo at the end ?

tizzk

Postby tizzk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:01 pm

Znimu wrote:About this new shotgun, is that not ammo which are incendiary ? On the video it seems to be the same weapon but with dragon ammo at the end ?

Yes, it is, but i would prefer some kind of napalm, since the video only inspired me and I think there should be more things burning in UAR :ghee:

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:13 pm

I see, but it could make sense to disable the AA for the shotguns, while adding new special dragon bullets for the shotguns ?

tizzk

Postby tizzk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:39 pm

That could be a nice solution as well, maybe something like DB Rounds?

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:52 pm

DU rounds you mean ?

Actually I am thinking about reworking these AP/DU rounds for long.
The idea in my head is to give them a number of charges, each bullet shot would use a charge, and they would be activable /deactivable.
But the risk is that people would not activate them, waiting for THE occasion to use them. Which is a well known issue. It is as if you would receive a LLDR at start, you would wait the whole game for THE occasion to use it and most games you would not even use it. So it would be bad if people just keep them and the end of the game arrives and they are not even used. But I have no better idea for now.

tizzk

Postby tizzk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:20 pm

I mean "like" DU/AP Rounds, as a 3rd kind of rounds, only usable by sfaat/engi.

I guess reworking would make sense, but I'm afraid that there will be many people, like "I won 5 normal games, you kind of need me" will be wasting them, not having the idea to turn them on, or others will hoard them as well, "oh, look, the 2nd AP Rounds I found, let me keep them, because, i want the most kills, even if I know it means nothing"...

6eXo9

Postby 6eXo9 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:23 am

Oooh ilike the dragon rounds!

Im with tizzik's suggestion on having more types of rounds.

If u want to rework special ammo , Could it be like a power up you use till the next reload? like something with cooldown but unlimited charges and u use it to give a temp boost till the next reload. Just throwing up ideas.

Yes, would love to see more napalm in the game and new shotgun :D

I would love to have at least 1 more shotgun. like, if you have sawed off or double barrel shotguns where the spread is larger, range reduced, mag size cut to 10, but reload rate up by 20%. But i like this idea of the dragon shells :D
Sorta like suppresive fire for shotgun but with napalm

Return to “Suggestions”