Which MOS next ?

Polls positively voted.

Which MOS will be the next ?

Reaper by Billyum 65k WO et 95k EN (WO4 ou CSM)
25%
Tank by Yehara 180k CO
53%
Devastator by Yehara 350k EN
3%
Mech Master by Sui
No votes
RTC operator by Naz
3%
Phoneix elite medic by Sui
13%
Shocktrooper by Meral
No votes
Sharpshooter Team by Merak
No votes
SOFK-9 by Sui
No votes
Troop Transport by MrPeters (need some additional conceptual work)
No votes
Dog Master by Cawa (need additional conceptual work)
3%
Combat Drone by Varou (need additional conceptual work)
No votes

Total votes: 32

Znimu

Which MOS next ?

Postby Znimu » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:04 pm

Hello,

A poll to decide which MOS I will focus on now.
About the Reaper by Billyum there is a change as to fix the item eater cliff, I had to disable areas so the reaper cliff jumper can't work on UAR. I can replace it by a temporary little jump like the lift boots.

You can find info for most MOS proposed here in the suggestions > MOS.

Znimu

Re: Which MOS next ?

Postby Znimu » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:38 pm

The devastator is a kind of toxic/nuclear flamethrower.
Please ask if you want additional info about a MOS (but check the MOS suggestions first ^^).

Fero

Postby Fero » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:05 pm

wasn't the Sharpshooter Team from little Me ? :P

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:14 pm

This may be a bad time to point out that I've had plans to rework the Reaper MOS. Most of it would stay the same but a few skills would be replaced.

1. Riflebutt replaced with "Power Gauntlet" The same as riflebutt but can target armored.

Perhaps the reason for this change is almost entirely realism, Doesn't make sense to hit a zombie with weapon filled with plasma that could explode or malfunction.

2. Cluster Bomb replaced with a rocket barrage style skill designed to be more effective against T1s.

I've just felt that a Cluster bomb is out of place as well as too similar to plasma nade in function.

3. Expanding the plasma nade tree into "Plasma Ordnance" to include the new "rocket barrage" skill and small rework to Power Armor skills.

Mostly to have abilities that better fit the theme of the Reaper, And to make explosive builds more worthwhile.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:01 am

Well, I think I've already called it, but I prefer a lot the cluster bomb, with a short range AoE damage that cripple enemies to facilitate kiting. That'd be much better than the plasma nade for kiting (the 8% slow is straight up ridiculous).

On the other hand, I'm not sure it is the role of the Reaper to have a long range anti-T1 missile - well it is your MoS so I might have missed something, but it is kiting oriented, isn't it ? With the cliff-jump and plasma-rifle burst and cluster/plasma grenade (and well, as a reference to the SC2 reaper).

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:24 pm

Fero wrote:wasn't the Sharpshooter Team from little Me ? :P

The sharkshooter maybe ? :cote:

Billyum : no, it is fine, glad that you answer and participate here. I have thought to rename the item for 4-man that I named Power Armor MK IV, as you had the idea of this name first for the Reaper (which I had forgotten). Or we could keep it, but rename the Power Armor of the Reaper with an other number like Power Armor MK VI or something.
We may decide that if the Reaper remain first in this poll :)

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:05 pm

I've decided to not bother with the rework, I don't want to put the time and effort into changing the Reaper when people already like it as is.

Kami no Varou wrote:On the other hand, I'm not sure it is the role of the Reaper to have a long range anti-T1 missile - well it is your MoS so I might have missed something, but it is kiting oriented, isn't it ? With the cliff-jump and plasma-rifle burst and cluster/plasma grenade (and well, as a reference to the SC2 reaper).

The explosives build would be kiting oriented. The dps build would be more similar to Cyborg or Rifleman, Having both high dps and good mobility.

Znimu wrote:Billyum : no, it is fine, glad that you answer and participate here. I have thought to rename the item for 4-man that I named Power Armor MK IV, as you had the idea of this name first for the Reaper (which I had forgotten). Or we could keep it, but rename the Power Armor of the Reaper with an other number like Power Armor MK VI or something.
We may decide that if the Reaper remain first in this poll :)

When I first saw the Power Armor MK IV I thought "That sure sounds a lot like PA04, I wonder if it's a reference?". You could change the name to something like "Overkill Module" and it could be the only armor that the Reaper can equip.

Kami no Varou

Postby Kami no Varou » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:10 am

Billyum wrote:I've decided to not bother with the rework, I don't want to put the time and effort into changing the Reaper when people already like it as is.

Oops, I did it again ? =/

(No, that wasn't me quoting Britney Spears at all...)

Billyum

Postby Billyum » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:57 pm

Kami no Varou wrote:Oops, I did it again ? =/

I really should be thanking you though, I was planning to spend several hours reworking the Reaper to fix issues that I'm pretty sure were only annoying to me. First the explosives build probably being too weak (Though it might be good in PMC mode). Second is that I just want him to feel more like a vehicle without actually being one. Both of these issues won't matter if people don't care that one of his builds is under powered or that knowing what I know now I could have done a better job on the overall theme of the Reaper.

Backstory time!

I designed him around the time Illidan stopped working on UA3. It was a way to add a scaled down combat walker class into the game without breaking game balance and still being something that could be revived by a medic. It took about two weeks to create his skills and with a lot of input and suggestions from friends I was able to get him balanced to the point he is now within another two weeks.

The plan was to have the Reaper be focused entirely on two things, dealing damage and having great mobility. But after finishing him I noticed one fairly large problem. His explosives build had no way of hitting air, Making him pretty much useless as soon as an Immu, Horror, or Metasis showed up. A Javelin Gunner or even the woefully under powered Flamethrower at the time would have no problems dealing with flying bosses. So the Reaper would be yet another MOS with an under used grenade tree.

Znimu

Postby Znimu » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:52 am

The cluster grenade could hit air maybe ?

Return to “Done”